OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

MOA question

Started by Dazzler, February 22, 2024, 04:18:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dazzler

Looking at the swampfox lineup I noticed the liberator 2 is now 2moa dot vs 3moa. I know 1 moa is not much but got me thinking. Are you using a dot or a circle dot on your reflex? Does it even matter?

I have no dot experience (other than discovering I can't see red very well), so I'm coming from scopes with circle or diamond reticles.

davisd9

I use a 2 moa dot in the Holosun 407c and feel it is perfect for turkey hunting.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Dazzler

Quote from: davisd9 on February 22, 2024, 04:23:36 PM
I use a 2 moa dot in the Holosun 407c and feel it is perfect for turkey hunting.
Thanks. Just checked that one out. Had no idea they had put solar panels on those things. Out of curiosity about how long to charge from empty to full?

davisd9

Quote from: Dazzler on February 22, 2024, 04:34:07 PM
Quote from: davisd9 on February 22, 2024, 04:23:36 PM
Thanks. Just checked that one out. Had no idea they had put solar panels on those things. Out of curiosity about how long to charge from empty to full?

It does not charge the battery, but it uses the solar power instead of battery when it can pull in the light.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

g8rvet

Just looked through a 2MOA Holosun yesterday (green dot).  Very nice and easy to see at 40 yard target.
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.