OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Looking for Nationwide Season Listing

Started by 10th Legionaire, February 21, 2024, 07:03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

10th Legionaire

I tried the google before posting. I could find a list for 2021 and 2023 but nothing for '24.

Any leads on where I might find one. I'd like it to help forecast next year's plans since I'll be full time retired in March '25

Thanks
Less is more

10th Legionaire

Less is more

Tail Feathers

Ran across a free app at the convention last weekend.  Hunt49.  Has info on all 49 states turkey seasons and regs.  I just skimmed it a bit and it looks like a good resource.  It's turkey specific.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

10th Legionaire

Thanks, I'll give that a look this morning.
Less is more

deerhunt1988

Don't rely JUST on those websites. A quick glance and I can tell you that you better do some deeper digging on each state's game and fish website or else you are gonna end up risking a ticket.

10th Legionaire

Quote from: deerhunt1988 on February 22, 2024, 08:09:18 AM
Don't rely JUST on those websites. A quick glance and I can tell you that you better do some deeper digging on each state's game and fish website or else you are gonna end up risking a ticket.

Sound advice for sure!

I'm just looking for this year's season dates to try to forecast (knowing the dates will change) for some out of state hunts next year.

Thanks for the heads up
Less is more

joey46

Especially in states such as Mississippi that are now limiting a non-residents hunting use of even the NATIONAL FOREST.  Even though the western states have pulled a version of this trick for decades it still is my big pet peeve.  They aren't "National Forest" when they are reserved for only residents.  It is the result of resident whining IMO.  Residents vote while the non-res just pays exorbitant fees for fewer opportunities on nationally owned public lands.  I can just imagine the non-res screaming if Florida tried to limit hunting turkey in the Big Cypress National Preserve to Florida residents' only from March 2 - 16 this coming season.       

10th Legionaire

Mr. Joey, I just read your post about politics ruining forums and have to agree with that and will not go there here.

But, public lands belong in public hands.
Less is more

arkrem870

Quote from: joey46 on February 23, 2024, 08:45:32 AM

Especially in states such as Mississippi that are now limiting a non-residents hunting use of even the NATIONAL FOREST.  Even though the western states have pulled a version of this trick for decades it still is my big pet peeve.  They aren't "National Forest" when they are reserved for only residents.  It is the result of resident whining IMO.  Residents vote while the non-res just pays exorbitant fees for fewer opportunities on nationally owned public lands.  I can just imagine the non-res screaming if Florida tried to limit hunting turkey in the Big Cypress National Preserve to Florida residents' only from March 2 - 16 this coming season.     

ADAPT!!!!!

It was actually a result of a huge boom in non resident license sales after Mississippi public was put on blast by our YouTube heros. And the applications for non resident permits continue to grow. Loose lips sink ships. Bet it