Previous topic - Next topic

CMH

Val makes outstanding box calls

Lcmacd 58

Alabama556

It is tricky but I got it making a sound good enough to hunt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aclawrence

Val also makes a nice tobacco pipe. I kept looking for his booth to take a look at a pipe he posted a picture of. Finally I realized he didn't have a booth. I didn't need to spend that money anyway!

EastKyGobblerSlayer

Quote from: Alabama556 on March 03, 2024, 10:40:50 AM

I wanted that box you have baaaad. I played it and the entry Matt had more than anything else, I even played both boxes with both makers. They were both absolute killers. Last year Val did a Turpin box just like that in the green rutland that was mean. I spent the year in the woods wishing I had that box so I came home with one of his.

Alabama556

Quote from: EastKyGobblerSlayer on March 03, 2024, 10:06:45 PM

I wanted that box you have baaaad. I played it and the entry Matt had more than anything else, I even played both boxes with both makers. They were both absolute killers. Last year Val did a Turpin box just like that in the green rutland that was mean. I spent the year in the woods wishing I had that box so I came home with one of his.

This is my 1st box from him and my 1st Turpin box. I like it better than the handled boxes but it's hard to not like Matt's handled boxes.

Zobo

Quote from: EastKyGobblerSlayer on March 03, 2024, 10:06:45 PM

Did you try the first place handled Turpin by Tim Oldham Jr ? Awesome running box, and beautiful. I was going to bid on that one but it got too high fir me. Really stunning easy runner with great sound and consistency.
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14