turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Optic w/ Meadowcreek on SA-20??

Started by BA-IV, February 20, 2024, 03:33:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BA-IV

So I plan on putting a low profile red dot on a Mossberg SA-20. I bought it off here with the meadow creek mounts with it. Took it to the gun shop and the main guy wasn't there, but the other guy refused to mount it on the rib. Said it had to be drill and tapped on the receiver, because the soft solder on the rib would bust apart and the meadow creek he wouldn't use, they'd rather use a pictanny tail. Just curious has anyone else heard this and any semblance of truth to it?

I ended up leaving the gun and told the main guy to call me which he did, the optic is going on the rib with the meadow creek mount. Right or wrong?

runngun

Personally I don't like the Rib mounts. I have seen a lot of ribs damaged or separated. And I don't like the scope or red dot far from my eye.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

davisd9

Love the rib mount as it gives great field of view and works more like a bead. I had a Holosun 407c on a SA-20 international. Worked great!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

SumToy

Say is drilled from factory.   Put in the factory drilled tap holes.   

Your gun smith is correct on the rib stuff.    Does it work yes.  It is not the best way but it ok.   
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

BA-IV

Quote from: SumToy on February 22, 2024, 08:46:33 AM
Say is drilled from factory.   Put in the factory drilled tap holes.   

Your gun smith is correct on the rib stuff.    Does it work yes.  It is not the best way but it ok.

Thanks!