OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New mouth calls from the convention-my observations

Started by Tail Feathers, February 19, 2024, 02:43:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tail Feathers

I picked up some mouth calls in Nashville.  I've run Hooks and Woodhaven calls for a long time.  Bought some Sadler McGraw calls last year.  One of those is in the lead as a favorite right now.  He makes some good ones for sure.
I saw some of the calling contests and the Dead End Game Calls guys sounded real good.  I hoped some of that quality would carry over to their production calls.  It does.  I bought a three pack and they blow pretty easy and have great rasp.  The Pry Bar call is real easy to blow and cluck with, but all three flat work.  I like 'em all.
I picked up a few Hooks calls too, can't turkey hunt without an Executioner 1 and 2 in my call pouch.  Hooks have done well for me for many years.  I picked up a Black Diamond by Preston Pittman.  It's not bad, but I like the others better.  I have also become a fan of the Woodhaven Scott Ellis New Energy call so I a fresh one to my haul.
I'm not affiliated with any call company, I'm just a turkey addict like most here.  I'll have a nice variety of good mouth calls when I hit the woods this spring.  What calls have you found that works for you?
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

turkeymanjim

Woodhaven modified cutter.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Brinkcalls

Try some champions choice from Jeff in Wisconsin. Always like his for diaphragms!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tyoung

I keep going back to the Woodhaven Reverse Hammer......

ruination

I buy a Bacon every year and usually close my eyes and randomly grab another.  But the Bacon always seams to find it's way into my mouth...

Then I usually grab something new to try.  Thanks for the recommendation.
.410 Favors the Bold

Zobo

Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

TauntoHawk

Quote from: Zobo on February 21, 2024, 06:04:03 PM
I got a couple of Kluk calls to try out
Just picked up a few kluk, didn't get to run them all but the purple turkinator medium stretch is impressing me alot.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>