OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Ati turkey fowl choke question!

Started by cvfdcar1, February 15, 2024, 10:45:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cvfdcar1

Bought an ATI Turkey fowl 20 gauge and I am looking recommendation on choke and shell for this gun. Reading a lot of different things about which choke will or will not work! Anyone have one and willing to share some advice?

runngun

There's a  post on here about the same gun.
You should have gotten 2 of what they said is XX full. I measured some in my buddies gun and they're 568. Save your money and try the chokes you already have. You will be surprised and pleased!!! He put 330 and 340 in the 10 at 40 yards. Now that was 1 5/8 of 9s TSS.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Kygobblergetter

What is the weight of this gun? If it's light weight it seems like a fun turkey gun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

runngun

Pretty close to 5 pounds even.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

King Cobra

Any information on the barrel to barrel POI on this gun?
Thanks to all who share this great passion and the wealth of knowledge you bring to this board.

g8rvet

Why would anyone have the same choke in an O/U or SxS for turkey hunting?  None of my business of course, but it just seems that is the only real advantage of a two barrel. I shoot O/U exclusively for duck, goose, dove and quail, so I love the action of an O/U.  But may as well have 3 shots if all the same choke. 

I put an Imp Mod in one barrel and a 555 in the other- less than 20 yds in one and 21-40 yds in the other. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

3bailey3

I am shooting the factory full out of the top barrel and jebs 565 out of bottom one with Jebs 8-9 stacked, I shot one out of the full at 20 yards and at did the job! the difference between barrels might be a inch, I like mine!