OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mossberg Turkey Gun Build

Started by crucible7, February 15, 2024, 05:11:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crucible7

I decided last year to go back to my first turkey gun and turn it into a dedicated turkey killer. It's an older model Mossberg 500 20 ga with a 28" modified barrel. I killed my first few birds with this gun so I have an attachment to it.

I ended up putting a 22" threaded barrel on it and added a Carlson's LBXR .568 choke.

I also put a Mossy Oak Graphics New Bottomland camo wrap on it.

I plan to have it drilled and tapped for an optic at some point.

My question to y'all is: What recommendations would you make for a recoil pad? I want to change out the old original pad that's hard as a rock

Any help would be appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ranman

runngun

Kick-eez. I refuse to use Limbsavers anymore. I used to swear by them until I had 5 pads come slap apart on my guns. They literally melted. 1st time I thought I might have gotten skeeter spay on 1 until I checked the rest of my guns. Wasn't just mine, changed out 2 others for others.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

ColemantownHC

Nice build. My first dedicated turkey gun was an 835 and goodness did it pile up some birds. I like the limbsaver but like runngun mentioned, they have gotten to be hit or miss. I think they may have finally sorted out, but the Kick-eez is a solid choice also.

crucible7

Thanks for the help guys. I ended up going with what I could get locally - a slip on Limbsaver pad. Hopefully it will hold up. I also added a cheek pad/pouch, a vent rib mount from Meadow Creek and an AT3 ARO reflex sight.

She's coming together. Now to get her patterned and ready for the season!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom007

Nice job! Looking forward to seeing your patterns......
"Solo hunter"