OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

How do you carry your trumpet when hunting?

Started by g8rvet, February 13, 2024, 08:17:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

g8rvet

I have practiced since I got my moyehow trumpet and sound enough like a hen, I should be able to fool a stupid and partially deaf Tom (pretty much my target audience anyway).  ;)   How do y'all carry them to ensure it is not damaged?  Worries me around my neck while traipsing through the swamp. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Ranger

Safest place is on a lanyard and around your neck, everywhere else something is more likely to happen.  Unless of course you hard case it
"One can work for his gobbler by learning to communicate with him, or one can 'buy' his turkey with a decoy.  The choice is up to the 'hunter' " --William Yarbrough

sbbow

Keep on a lanyard an tuck inside your  shirt at least that's what I do. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ltprod

Quote from: sbbow on February 13, 2024, 08:23:52 PM
Keep on a lanyard an tuck inside your  shirt at least that's what I do. 

Same

GregGwaltney

I keep it packed away in a hard case until I get ready to call, then on a lanyard around my neck free hanging until I need to move then it goes tucked in my shirt/jacket.
gwaltneygamecalls.com

2024 S.E. Comp-1st Place & Best in Class Trumpet
2024 Grand Nat'l-1st Air Operated Trumpet
2024 Grand Nat'l-2nd Air Operated Trumpet
2023 Grand Nat'l-2nd Air Operated Trumpet
2023 S.E. Comp-3rd Place Trumpet
2022 Grand Nat'l-5th Air Operated Trumpet
2021 Grand Nat'l-2nd Air Operated Trumpet
2021 Grand Nat'l-5th Air Operated Trumpet
2019 Grand Nat'l-3rd Air Operated Trumpet

Zobo

I sewed two tubes into one of my upper interior vest pockets. Works perfectly for me
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Ondavirg

I use the double leather case made by Yoder. I also keep another in my vest in a tube protector.  Whichever I'm using at the moment is on my neck. 

Ranman

g8rvet

Zobo,

What kind of tubes? I think once I am using it, lanyard and inside shirt if moving, but on the way in I like the idea of some kind of case in vest.  Like capped PVC?
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Gobbler428

Bubble wrapped in a hard case in my satchel when not on a lanyard around my neck 

g8rvet

Who makes the hard case?  Where can I find one? 

Zobo

Quote from: g8rvet on February 13, 2024, 08:48:18 PM
Zobo,

What kind of tubes? I think once I am using it, lanyard and inside shirt if moving, but on the way in I like the idea of some kind of case in vest.  Like capped PVC?
Not pvc, but it's probably not a bad idea. I use the clear ones like the one below, only skinnier. It's got enough stiffness to protect your good trumpets and gives a little and doesn't scratch them.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

TrackeySauresRex

I don't have a trumpet. But I do have a wing bone and I wedge it in with my strikers. Definitely not a great idea. If I did have a trumpet I'd take a lot better care of it.
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Fallturkey86

Lanyard around my neck and hold the call in my shirt pocket normally.