Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

20 gauge Over/Under - what 2 chokes would you run?

Started by PBD2001, February 12, 2024, 05:12:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PBD2001

Just picked up an ATI TURKEY FOWL 20GA 3" SGD O/U 22" BBL.

What two chokes would you run? (Beretta Benelli Mobil)

Thank you in advance.

Mike

g8rvet

In my side by side I chose a Turkey choke in one and a modified in the other.  One patterns well under 25 and the other is 25-40.   I am shooting #6 pheasant loads in the modified.
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Greg Massey

wchadw

I run Sumtoy 562 and 585
I also shoot #6 pheasant loads out of close barrel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hunter85

In my Steven's 555 that is also mobile choke I run a Carlson 565 turkey and a Carlson black cloud mid range 600

runngun

A buddy just got one of these exact guns. He bought Mobil chokes for it, didn't like how they fit inside the barrel. There was a step UP that you could feel inside the barrel. ATI tech said that they have seen this with their barrels. Tech says that their threads are a little bit different than the Mobil choke, threads are "off" compared to the factory chokes 2 thousands different on threads. So be careful with heavy loads of TSS. Tech also says that their tubes are the same as Steven 555?????
I measured the factory fulls that came with his gun and they're 568. With 340 in the 10 at 40 figured he would just be happy. The load is 20 gauge 1 5/8 of 9s hand rolled.

Also the Mobil screwed right in just did not feel/look right 
Good luck and hope you have a good one and May God bless y'all,Bo

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

tracker#1

I run a Sumtoy .562 in the lower barrel (tss #8s LH hand loads) and Turlock IM .590 in the top barrel ( #7s nickel-plated lead hand rolls) or you can use a Golden Pheasant load, it works well from "shoestring" to 25 yards...Others told me that you want your further distance barrel, lower barrel 40-45 yards, to be lined up with your shoulder, more steady, makes sense...Check your POA (barrels) at 25 yards with cheap dove loads... Good luck!

Jordan121787

I run a Sumtoy .562 and a Trulock .590 as well. I'm actually going to see if Sumtoy will make me something more like a .600 or larger.

rt2bowhunter

I'm still working on it lol when I have the time and the weather allows. But right now I'm running a comp n choke .565 in the top barrel with Apex 8.5 tss and a IM factory choke in the bottom barrel with hand loaded 2 3/4" 7 nickel.

I will probably bail on the 8.5 shot for 9 tss. I have 2 box's and stuff to start reloading. I might change chokes after I see how it goes. And I might change from 7 nickel to 5 shot and I have about 50 3" 4 shot. The CZ Drake factory chokes are off one choke so it's really a modified. I could go hunting tomorrow with that. But I think it can do better:).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk