turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

8.5 vs 9 tss

Started by Jake.251, February 11, 2024, 11:12:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quackaddict

I went to a 1.5oz load of 9.5s in my 20 this year. I haven't shot a turkey with them yet, but man I like the pattern. Out of a .580 Sumtoy is consistently getting @ 300 in the 10" with a pattern that isn't a baseball at 20.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

King Cobra

Quote from: Notsoyoungturk on March 02, 2024, 09:32:41 PM
Tried some Apex Ninja 8.5 today.  Patterned better for me than the 9s I was shooting.  The pattern is the decision maker.  It will be 8.5s this year.  Shot with Indian Creek 0.555 choke at 20 and 40 yards.
Agreed both kill stone dead, its all about the pattern.
Thanks to all who share this great passion and the wealth of knowledge you bring to this board.

albrubacker

Quote from: Greg Massey on February 29, 2024, 10:43:32 AM
Quote from: Happy on February 13, 2024, 05:57:29 PM
I prefer 8.5's if i am shooting tss. It gives me waaay more of a pattern than I need at 40, and since that's my max distance, I want them deaderer than if I shot them with #9's

X2 ... Agree
X3
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott