OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Old Yeller replacement

Started by JohnD., February 11, 2024, 02:54:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnD.

Last spring I broke my very old Old Yeller Sla-tek call. I believe that's what it was called. Does anyone know of a call that would be similar or a good replacement? And yeah, I've checked Ebay and not coming  close to giving what some are going for. Thanks for any recommendations that come my way.

John

greentrout

There are several builders who can make you a call with a ceramic surface similar to that. I have one by Travis Wyatt (Sweetbriar Calls) that is mean on birds and has been my number one producer the last couple of years. Others out there as well though. Do a search for ceramic in this section and you'll do great.
Looking to buy Allen Dunfee scratch boxes.

Greg Massey

I will add Jim Shelley has made a fine ceramic surface pot call for years in a cherry pot... at one time you could buy that pot call for around 45 dollars shipped... He is still making calls ... Check him out ... His ceramic is my go to pot call and I have a lot of other good ones in ceramic as well...

Tnandy

Stumpy Turkey calls makes a killer ceramic. I have run an Ol Yeller for years and to me, Chads sound very similar but more lively. They really pop. I have bought up several Ol Yellers but the walnut pot ones are getting harder to come by. Not sure how you spell Chad "Stumpy" last name

BTH

Had an ol yeller back in the day very nice call and ahead of its time imo. My goto ceramic now is a Stumpy ceramic in walnut pot. Chad Hutcheson is his name/Dominator calls. He is pretty active on facebook too.
Daybreak Gary Anderson makes a nice one and so does MAC....his in a bloodwood trimmed black limba pot is a killer too. The other builders mentioned here are solid as well.
Phil 4:13

sasquatch1

I know you've said you checked, but there's a used one on eBay for $80 or best offer. Never hurts to throw out an offer for what you feel it's worth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BTH

Ol yeller pot for sale in the classifieds right now. Original black pot.
Phil 4:13

aclawrence

I have a Buster Halford ceramic/blue mahoe that runs great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk