turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Trumpet/Wingbone Lanyards

Started by Tribute Custom Calls, February 10, 2024, 06:18:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tribute Custom Calls

I realize I haven't made many posts on this site as I'm obviously a new member and some are skeptical of newbies....I get that. But I felt this discovery needed to be shared. I am by no means an expert knot maker, so I have been looking for a place to get the lanyards I need/wanted for my trumpets. On a whim I emailed a company I stumbled across out of Sutherlin OR that I knew nothing about. They do mostly duck call lanyards but said they would make something similar for a turkey trumpet. I received the samples today and they are very well made and look great. Come to find out, they are made by a 11 year old young hunter. I encourage any of you looking for lanyards to check out WyattsWaterfowlCo.com. He will try to make about any lanyard you could want. At least check out his site, pretty amazing kid.
I'll post a picture if I can figure out how to do a small one.
Share the knowledge and introduce somebody to the Outdoors

Greg Massey

We have a local on the forum who makes some of the best lanyards for trumpets and other calls  ... He's on Facebook  ...Steve Bryan - Steve's Custom Lanyards

On the forum he's - sbbow .... look down about 15 posts and you can see his work.

Steve is a big contributor to the forum...

bulian82

Quote from: Greg Massey on February 10, 2024, 07:12:32 PM
We have a local on the forum who makes some of the best lanyards for trumpets and other calls  ... He's on Facebook  ...Steve Bryan - Steve's Custom Lanyards

On the forum he's - sbbow .... look down about 15 posts and you can see his work.

Steve is a big contributor to the forum...
I don't believe his post was looking for someone to make him lanyards...

@ Tribute Custom Calls thank you for sharing. I will check him out.

Last time I checked anyone was free to make posts on this forum and we should all welcome new styles, makers, ect. As the saying goes "Sometimes saying nothing says the most".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tribute Custom Calls

Steve definitely makes some really good looking lanyards and I'm sure his support is appreciated by everyone involved with this great site. The reality that a youngster is doing this is a wonderful thing this day and age. In my opinion, when the average age of the hunter is 60+ in a lot of states, we as hunters need to support the youth that are involved in our wonderful sport. Wouldn't surprise me that  if this kid got introduced to this site that he would be a supporter as well. At this point in time, we as hunters can't do enough to get and keep kids involved in hunting.

Greg Massey

Quote from: Tribute Custom Calls on February 10, 2024, 08:31:11 PM
Steve definitely makes some really good looking lanyards and I'm sure his support is appreciated by everyone involved with this great site. The reality that a youngster is doing this is a wonderful thing this day and age. In my opinion, when the average age of the hunter is 60+ in a lot of states, we as hunters need to support the youth that are involved in our wonderful sport. Wouldn't surprise me that  if this kid got introduced to this site that he would be a supporter as well. At this point in time, we as hunters can't do enough to get and keep kids involved in hunting.

Amen, I do agree with you ... Good Post ... It's always good to encourage our youth... You being a new member I was just giving you an alternative with mentioning Steve ..  Steve's Custom Lanyards ...

Terry

I'll check out Wyatt's. Always looking to support the younger hunters!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terry

Tribute Custom Calls, can you post pics of the lanyards you received? Or send the pics to me and I will?

Tribute Custom Calls

I reduced the size before attaching, so I hope it isn't to big.

turkey stew

Thank you for the post. The kid has it happening. Nice looking lanyard! Plus being a waterfowl hunter I'm always looking for waterfowl lanyards.

Tribute Custom Calls

I thought it was a very unique and cool story. Probably aren't a whole lot of turkeys in his area, but just think if he gets hooked on turkey hunting. I

EZ

Those are some nice looking lanyards!!!

Terry

I agree!

3bailey3

That's Awesome thanks for sharing!

runngun

Thanks for sharing!!! I will definitely check him out! I have a couple of Steve's, but hey, I could always use a couple more!!! If you talk to him or his parents, let them know about us!!! I know that some folks only concentrate on one game, game animal/ birds.
One of my best friends only hunted ducks his entire life until he met my family. This was around 30 years ago, and he asked me why we hunted everything. I explained it to him this way, 1. We was hongry! 2. We enjoy hunting, squirrel, rabbit, dove, deer, ducks, coons 3 We hunted whatever was In season. Back then, not necessarily in that order.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Tribute Custom Calls

That's pretty much why my family hunted everything back in the day, had to eat! Weren't many deer around back then and certainly no turkey's in those days. Guess what I'm hooked on now.....bow hunting deer and chasing Spring thunder lol.
I did mention this site/forum in the last correspondence I had with them. Might send the kid a call if I ever get caught up.