OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

The HUntsman w/Choke

Started by reflexl, February 09, 2024, 06:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reflexl

Here is the Huntsman barrel with the choke installed. To load it I have a long skinny funnel I got at Auto Zone that reaches well past the threads. I pour the powder, insert the over powder wad, push the shot cup past the threads already lubed, pour the shot and buffer in to the cup then push the cup down to seat in on the powder. After that I press the over shot card down to cap things off then wipe the bore with bore butter.Wipe the inside of the choke tub with bore butter, grease the threads and screw it in. I can't remember who asked but there it is in a nutshell.

backforty

Quote from: reflexl on February 09, 2024, 06:24:19 PM
Here is the Huntsman barrel with the choke installed. To load it I have a long skinny funnel I got at Auto Zone that reaches well past the threads. I pour the powder, insert the over powder wad, push the shot cup past the threads already lubed, pour the shot and buffer in to the cup then push the cup down to seat in on the powder. After that I press the over shot card down to cap things off then wipe the bore with bore butter.Wipe the inside of the choke tub with bore butter, grease the threads and screw it in. I can't remember who asked but there it is in a nutshell.

I have the same gun in 45. Good shooter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Print by Madison, on Flickr

reflexl

Quote from: backforty on February 19, 2024, 10:00:01 PM
Quote from: reflexl on February 09, 2024, 06:24:19 PM

I have the same gun in 45. Good shooter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love them. I have the .58, 45-70 28", 44 magnum 24" and 12 gauge. I have passed on a few of the 45s that the bore was rusted on. I would like to find another 45-70 24". That was the only one that came in 2 lengths.