OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Lanyard Types

Started by cwhitfield96, February 07, 2024, 01:36:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cwhitfield96

What do you guys use for lanyards on wingbones, trumpets, and tubes. I've currently been making them out of paracord with a slip knot of sorts. Don't want to lose any in the woods.

3bailey3

Sbbow on here makes a good one!

Zobo

I use the thinner paracord sometimes. The regular stuff's too think for my taste.
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Ranger

"One can work for his gobbler by learning to communicate with him, or one can 'buy' his turkey with a decoy.  The choice is up to the 'hunter' " --William Yarbrough

Terry

2mm braided nylon cord

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davisd9

Del Crow made the best but he has not made any in a while. A buddy of mine, Walt, made me a ready good one that can be adjusted in length. As stated you can make them very easily out of paracord. Hope Del gets back to it.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Greg Massey

I like the smaller braided cord ones ... I especially like the ones that come on Ralph Permar trumpets ...  Sbbow also makes some fine small diameter leather ones that are really nice along with his other ones ...

Ranger

"One can work for his gobbler by learning to communicate with him, or one can 'buy' his turkey with a decoy.  The choice is up to the 'hunter' " --William Yarbrough

Ranman

Agree with above, some fine makers on the OG.. you can also get some small paradors and twist your own. Not difficult.