OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

I Challenge all Callmakers..................

Started by pappy, July 10, 2011, 11:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChiefBubba

If the call makers are willing we should have an auction for the calls afterward maybe a silent auction? Chief.

TRKYHTR

Quote from: ChiefBubba on July 20, 2011, 10:36:08 AM
If the call makers are willing we should have an auction for the calls afterward maybe a silent auction? Chief.

I would go for that Chief.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

pappy

OK , Here are my additions to this menagerie of unique callers....I know they won't stand up to those already posted but, it has been just too hot to go out to the shop much...they ain't nuthin' special but they do sound turkey or at least if the bird was deaf enough to barely hear 'em .....  :you_rock:   ..... any how, I call the pot Pappy's Canned Calls...."Get 'em Ready to Eat" ..... made from a Chunk Turkey can with bronzed glass over glass and slate ... pedestals are elk antler ... and the striker is a hunk of black walnut from my neighbor's yard. The long box is 100% 2 by 4 stud...as you can see on the side of the box. I have to say it sounds like an old bird on his last breath.......but this is all in fun isn't it??????  :TooFunny:  I hope they keep coming in until the deadline....I can't wait to cast my vote!

my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

TRKYHTR

Nice calls Pappy. I guess you could say your pot call is/was full of turkey.  :lol:

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

pappy

tel...573-380-8206

TarheelTurk

X2 on the heat PAPPY constructed mine ALL in the house man its smoking here in NC!!  :TooFunny: :TooFunny: OLD dieing bird on its last breath .... Hmmmm...That is awesome yours sounds that good PAPPY!! Idk if mine is that close!! LOL ! May take it out this spring for a morning  :happy0064:But like i said this has been a load of FUN !!! Thanks for this idea!! Love the Chunk turkey can idea and i never knew a 2x4 could be a box call! Hopefully some more will cont.. to post their submissions
Jason
Grandads Advice : "Sometimes its better to be quit and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubts" LOL

pappy

Just got back from Joe's you tube post about his caller, you all need to check it out...pappy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aV7TEcAyuro
tel...573-380-8206

mountman62

I'm still wondering about the NSYNC cd, at least it went to a good use finally, them can calls gonna be all the rage for next season, I can see Eddie Salter drooling now, "Man, When that ole Gobbler hears this new can call, he just can't resist it, better than a Squealing Hen", also next on his list will be the "STUD" call "The new STUD call is just for the BIG BOYS, guarenteed to call in 3yr olds or older", then last but not least "The SMOKER", "This new SMOKER call just lights em up" , man yall coming up with all kinds of ideas for them big call companies to jump on

:z-winnersmiley: :z-winnersmiley: :z-winnersmiley: :z-winnersmiley:

:TrainWreck1:
It's not a passion, It's an OBSESSION

[img][img]