OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

I Challenge all Callmakers..................

Started by pappy, July 10, 2011, 11:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

savduck

Joe.....winner, winner chicken dinner. gets my vote. Great job.
Georgia Boy

pappy

WOW again the mind of a callmaker being utilized at it's best. great job Joe.....
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

sugarray

I've told ya before, Joe has feathers fellas.  He is about 2/3 turkey.  Awesome work Joe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drenalinld

Quote from: vaturkey on July 13, 2011, 04:41:53 PM
Joe

You are THE MAN  !! Great job ! !

Take care my friend !!

Ricky   :newmascot:

Ditto!!
Although i have reservations about NSync cd's???????????

smurf

hey Jack.  You holding out?  Where's yours?
If you can't stand behind our troops.  Feel free to stand in front of them.

pappy

I am waiting to see the competition.......gotta know what I am up against...lol...pappy
tel...573-380-8206

TRKYHTR

RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

drenalinld

rempumpman

Man alive, we have some creative (scary) minds on this forum.................. :gobble:............rem
God has always provided the tree, but you never read where he built the nest.

pappy

hahahahahaha....see...I knew you would come through Davy Ol' Boy...that is sharp to the tee! And people think that Call Makers have no imagination! Ha! Now it is my turn........headed to the shop this morning so watch out world!!!Here comes Crazy at it's best..... :z-guntootsmiley:
tel...573-380-8206

stone road turkey calls

Quote from: Gitzit69 on July 15, 2011, 10:18:19 PM
Here my scrap caller,
Picked up some materials from my job site for this one. Pot and striker were turned from a 2X4 that came from a house that was built in 1907. It had been a rafter for the roof. Not sure if it was Doug Fir or Pine. Working with it reminded me a lot of Heart Pine.
Some pieces of copper water pipe,
A Scrap piece of sheet aluminum,  you did a great job, call looks good. :z-guntootsmiley:
a CD that came with my Otis cleaning kit.
Also found some black paint and a 5/8 diameter spring

Call has two sound boards bottom is aluminum on a copper pipe pedestal, top one is the cd mounted on a spring. Call sounds surprisingly good with lots of rasp.

Here at Scrapper Turkey Calls we can build you just about any type of calls out of scrap material that's just laying around your house. We can build on site (your plumbing may not work once we leave and your roof might collapse) or bring your scrap to us. To place an order just call,
1-800-99SCRAP

Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

kenturkey89

I know I'm waiting to see what you got up your sleeve, pappy!!
Brian

TarheelTurk

Jus lettting ya know , I have mine completed PAppy. Should have the pics up tonight if all is quit here @ work. Jason
Grandads Advice : "Sometimes its better to be quit and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubts" LOL

TarheelTurk

Ok PAPPY HERE GOES :z-guntootsmiley: LOL

Introducing the next call from Pyro Productions - THE GOBBLER DECTECTOR
Slogan - We FIRE EM UP so You can SMOKE EM !!!
I inserted a tuna can (painted w/ old white latex paint) into a smoke detector body.
Slate surface w/ a aluminum soundboard (can top off of a can of carrots i ate the other night)
Shotgun shell cap was used for the pedestal
I think its a rosewood striker topped w/ a piece of pine 2x4 from my dads shop in progress
In the last pic of the call i included two old pics one of the old MACK fire engine my vol dept. used as one of their first trucks
Second pic is of my dad participating in a bucket brigade @ a FF day event in the 80's. ( i included that pic b/c i finished the call on mon, his bday, and kinda dedicated it to him b/c im now a career FF b/c of his influence in my life, and yes even though FF is my career im still at my vol station also and LOVE what i do second only to turkey  hunting
Here are some pics of the project and completed call

BTW - the call sounds decent i wouldnt be scared to take it to the turkey woods , but probably not gonna win a calling contest! LOL
Pappy i really enjoyed created this call and looking at what everyone else come up w/ as well this has been a blast!!JASON
Grandads Advice : "Sometimes its better to be quit and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubts" LOL

TRKYHTR

Nice call Tarheelturk. Wish I could hear that fire alarm call.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck