turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Trijicon RMR

Started by NCSWAMPFOX, February 01, 2024, 08:16:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NCSWAMPFOX

Have been hunting 2 aimpoint red dots for last 5 years. In process of setting up new gun and thinking of trying trijicon rmr. Anyone have any experience with these or similar style from other manufacturers. What are pro\\cons of these and what are similar options that may be more suitable? thanks

wchadw

I use the "dual
Illumination" Trijicon rmr
It's a great site. My only complaint, and it only affects the dual illumination (that doesn't require batteries) is the daylight illumination uses sunlight thru fiber optic. So if you are in a dark area like a blind, looking out into bright sunlight the dot is a little washed out.
If you are in sun, it's super bright.
This doesn't effect the battery models
I would still buy again. I have 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lunghit

You have to remove the sight to access the battery which I did not care for. I also did not care for the controls and how you scroll through the settings. I sold mine and got the Burris FF3.
"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

runngun

I have a Trijicon, Holosun and Burris Fast Fire 3. No issues with any of these.
I also have a Sig Romeo on a pistol Sig p365X and I have a problem with it.  The dot to my eyes has a "Bloom". I don't have that with the others.  The difference is a couple hundred dollars.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

wchadw

Quote from: lunghit on February 01, 2024, 09:33:37 PM
You have to remove the sight to access the battery which I did not care for. I also did not care for the controls and how you scroll through the settings. I sold mine and got the Burris FF3.
Not sure about the battery unit but the  Trijicon RMR I have doesn't have a menu. Just click adjustments

Tom007

Never tried the Trijicon due to the battery access. I just added a FF4 Burris with the Circle dot Reticle. Love it, also has a larger screen. Just another option to look at......Trijicon does make quality optics, no doubt.
"Solo hunter"

wchadw

Quote from: Tom007 on February 02, 2024, 08:35:02 AM
Never tried the Trijicon due to the battery access. I just added a FF4 Burris with the Circle dot Reticle. Love it, also has a larger screen. Just another option to look at......Trijicon does make quality optics, no doubt.
Can't believe they put battery access on bottom. These are usually mounted     I think batteries are supposed to last a long time. Sure would be a pain to remove it to replace
The dual illumination I have doesn't use batteries

lunghit

Quote from: wchadw on February 02, 2024, 07:06:33 AM
Quote from: lunghit on February 01, 2024, 09:33:37 PM
Not sure about the battery unit but the  Trijicon RMR I have doesn't have a menu. Just click adjustments

I am trying to remember but I believe you need two fingers to either turn on or adjust brightness? I just remember it was an awkward movement I needed to take while hunting. The FF3 is a simple one button push. But the main reason was battery access. I always remove batteries after the season and with the price of TSS I don't want to worry if it held a zero.
"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

Bowguy

Trijjicon makes a dot now w battery tray so you don't remove optic