News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

A couple cedar live edge trumpet displays

Started by Ctate94, January 28, 2024, 05:53:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ctate94

Hey all,

Been slow since deer season ended. Decided play around and make a new trumpet display out of a cedar slab. Something different than the normal thread spool holder. Wanted to keep the live edge. Buddy wanted one as well, just a little smaller and a lower second shelf. Made him one as well. Haven't drilled them yet for the pegs quite yet. Just wanted to see what yall think and if you all have any suggestions for future ones I make.

Thanks

GregGwaltney

Pretty piece of wood, should make a nice display.
gwaltneygamecalls.com

2024 S.E. Comp-1st Place & Best in Class Trumpet
2024 Grand Nat'l-1st Air Operated Trumpet
2024 Grand Nat'l-2nd Air Operated Trumpet
2023 Grand Nat'l-2nd Air Operated Trumpet
2023 S.E. Comp-3rd Place Trumpet
2022 Grand Nat'l-5th Air Operated Trumpet
2021 Grand Nat'l-2nd Air Operated Trumpet
2021 Grand Nat'l-5th Air Operated Trumpet
2019 Grand Nat'l-3rd Air Operated Trumpet

Bedge7767

Jim

Ctate94

Got the first one drilled up and some of the calls put on it. Figured I'd post a final product of it.

Ranger

Looks sharp! A wise man once said "If you dowel it, they will come" 
"One can work for his gobbler by learning to communicate with him, or one can 'buy' his turkey with a decoy.  The choice is up to the 'hunter' " --William Yarbrough

sbbow

That's Sharp!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turkey stew

Awesome display! Really like how that cedar looks.

Gobbler428

Ctate94

Thanks everyone. I'm making some more for friends. If anyone is interested in one let me know. I enjoy making them.

Tom007

Great idea, beautiful wood and craftsmanship. I think you would do well selling them, trumpets seem to be the most popular calls these days.....good luck!
"Solo hunter"

Ranman

EZ

Tarheel

I'm a fan of aromatic red cedar....especially the smell of it when freshly cut. For whatever reason, when I think turkey calls red cedar always comes to mind. No matter how you use it, it is a pleasing component.  These are pretty slabs, and the display is nicely put together.  Thank you for sharing the build.....very well done!!!!

Sir-diealot

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

crow