OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Which Remington?

Started by Deputy 14, July 09, 2011, 10:08:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bird

Quote from: Old Gobbler on July 10, 2011, 12:33:03 AM
SP10 - you said a turkey gun ---if your getting a discount ,might as well make the best of it

X 100!!!  :icon_thumright: :smiley-char092:

Deputy 14

Good point about losing my cert. Definantly would not be good. Prob just order an 11-87 and be happy with it.  Thanks for the ideas and input. Def changed my mind about a versa max

Deputy 14

To the guys talking bout the sp10. I tried that last week but unfortunately Remington has discontinued them and are out of stock for good. I was rather disheartend when I found out. Been wanting one for a while.

rempumpman

Have been a remington man for over 35 years; trust me on this one....

Remington 1187 special purpose...............20 guage..............rem
God has always provided the tree, but you never read where he built the nest.

fallsflight

Quote from: Deputy 14 on July 09, 2011, 06:40:33 PM
Kinda looks like an 11-87 is in the future. Thanks guys. Just curious why no votes for the versa max?

I have a Versa Max Waterfowl addition and love it.  I do not think the gun is bulky at all.  The gun points, swings and shoots very well and is a joy to shoot as far as recoil reduction.  I am very pleased with its performace. I have run low brass skeet loads up to 3 inch mags for waterfowl without any issues.  The gun spits everything out you feed it with no problems.  Having said that, I do not use it for turkey hunting as I have an 870 Shur Shot for that.

beagler

Versa Max had a recall on them.
Never Misses

fallsflight

Quote from: beagler on July 15, 2011, 09:05:49 PM
Versa Max had a recall on them.

Yes, there was a recall and that issue has been taken care of.  Below is the actual recall notice supporting your post so people know what the recall was about.

From Remington

Safety Warning And Recall Notice
Product Recall Notice
Warning

DO NOT USE YOUR REMINGTON VERSA MAX SHOTGUN
Remington has found that a limited number of its Versa Max shotguns may have hammers out of specification. This condition may result in inconsistent firearm performance. Inconsistent firearm performance may result in property damage, serious personal injury or death.
If you have a Remington Versa Max shotgun immediately discontinue use of the shotgun and contact Remington at 1-800-243-9700, Prompt #4. Remington will arrange for the return shipment of your Versa Max shotgun and upon receipt will immediately inspect and retrofit your Versa Max shotgun and return it to you at no cost to you. All Versa Max shotguns that have the hammer enhancement will contain a "V" stamped that can be seen by looking in the ejection port or through the carrier.

From what I understand, apparently a CNC machine was set incorrectly, which resulted in approx 1000 hammers cut slightly out of spec. The guns that were affected seemed to work fine, but Remington recalled them anyway.  I believe all the guns that were out of spec have been fixed and the ones on the market for purchase are not the ones under recall now.

This gun really is a pleasure to shoot.  So far any load any time, it just does not care.  It is easy to break down for cleaning with minimal parts.  I am really rooting for Big Green on this.  An American company producing the gun completely in America.   :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an