News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Call for striking??

Started by slave601, January 28, 2024, 10:45:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BDeal

Quote from: Greg Massey on January 28, 2024, 03:45:40 PM
Lonzo ... Crystal over carbon fiber in an acrylic pot and you can thank me later ....

I just bought this same exact combo from Buster. It sounds really good

OsceolaDreams

Buster Acrylic Crystal over Carbon with a JLH Carbon Stricker

BDeal

Quote from: OsceolaDreams on February 07, 2024, 03:23:38 PM
Buster Acrylic Crystal over Carbon with a JLH Carbon Stricker

I have this exact call and striker.

SwampRooster17

I will usually grab a long box

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cannonball

All of David's calls are excellent, I started buying his calls back in 2011 and have 5 different pot calls from him. I would look into his Halloran Hen, it's his new call for 2024 and celebrates his 25th year of making calls. I don't have mine yet, but it's ordered.

trclark

I don't have any hollran calls but when you want loud yelps or cuts, I use mouth call or John Sinclair titanium super loud when you want or soft when you dont

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

gobblers roost

Tube call

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Brinkcalls

I use one of my crystal calls with a diamondwood striker.

BTH

I've got a very old twisted sister that has several mid to late day kills on it from doing just what you are asking about. Lots of great suggestions here. I will also mention Jimmy Schaffer crystal pot calls. Have also had luck with a stumpy ceramic using an ipe striker for late morning to afternoon kills.
Phil 4:13

ScottTaulbee

I have used the crystal mistress with good success. But my hands down, all time favorite call for any scenario is the enticer next generation. If I'm 45 minutes in to my one hour drive to the places I hunt and forgot it at home, I'd be turning around to get it. I can't say that about any other calls I have. I have an entire cabinet of full of calls from big name guys but that 60$ next generation doesn't leave my vest.

cwhitfield96

My JT ceramic has been good for striking gobbles.

Notsoyoungturk

I also have a Sinclair aluminum with a rutland dymondwood striker that I love.  I have a Lonzo crystal over carbon fiber in route.  He played it for me and it sounds amazing.  Would recommend either.
A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be - Fred Bear

Wigsplitter

wareagle22

I've had great success with an older Crystal Mistress but just got my hands on a Billy McCallister crystal over carbon fiber in an Osage pot and I would put it up against any call.  It's probably the nastiest pot call that I have ever ran.   I guarantee you it will make one gobble, even when he didn't want too. 

3bailey3

Wareagle I hear you make a really good pot caller!!