OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

M1 Super 90 20 gauge

Started by Dedduc, January 27, 2024, 06:41:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dedduc

So I got my 3rd Benelli 20 gauge now and want to try a different brand of choke from the previous guns.   First gun is a M1 20 gauge with a 26" barrel and Rob Roberts 570..kills everything I point it at
Second is a M2 20 gauge with a 24" barrel and a Rob Roberts  560..kills everything Point it at
Now I bought another M1 20 with a 24" and looking to try some new! Sumtoy?  Indian creek? Maybe Robs new Raptor choke? Which one should I be leaning to?  I shoot Federal TSS 9 shot also if that makes a difference.

WV Ridge Reaper

Sumtoy 562

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom007

Quote from: Dedduc on January 27, 2024, 06:41:01 PM
So I got my 3rd Benelli 20 gauge now and want to try a different brand of choke from the previous guns.   First gun is a M1 20 gauge with a 26" barrel and Rob Roberts 570..kills everything I point it at
Second is a M2 20 gauge with a 24" barrel and a Rob Roberts  560..kills everything Point it at
Now I bought another M1 20 with a 24" and looking to try some new! Sumtoy?  Indian creek? Maybe Robs new Raptor choke? Which one should I be leaning to?  I shoot Federal TSS 9 shot also if that makes a difference.

Unfortunately I can't speak for the 20 gauge, however I do use Rob Roberts chokes in my 12 gauges. I got the Raptor choke last spring for my Cynergy 12 gauge. It definitely patterns a little better than my Final Strut RR .660. Very even, solid pattern, seems like the technology in the Raptor is good. Best of luck with your new addition.....
"Solo hunter"

3bailey3

Greg Massey

kwild835

Indian Creek .562 or .570 or any of those mentioned.  TSS gonna make about any choke deadly for as far as anyone needs to shoot.

Ranman

Is shoot Carlson's .575 in my Monifeltro 20ga. It's a beast

JakeBrake

Sumtoy 562 in my 24in 20ga M1...Cant ask for anything better

rt2bowhunter

I have pretty much the same gun. I have a super 90 montefeltro 20 ga.  No experimentation what so ever that's so out of character for me. I bought a Jebbs .555 and never seen the need to try anything else. I use tss 9 shot when I use it to turkey hunt with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PharmHunter

Indian Creek .570 or Sumtoy .562

Featherbrain

twyatt

I'd just like to know where to find a M1 20ga

Greg Massey

I have a M1 12 ga. in the hard case with both stocks in meant condition... These shotguns in my opinion were some of the best ever made... M1 Super 90

Featherbrain

twyatt

Quote from: Greg Massey on March 11, 2024, 10:33:44 AM
I have a M1 12 ga. in the hard case with both stocks in meant condition... These shotguns in my opinion were some of the best ever made... M1 Super 90

I have a M1 12ga  but would love a 20ga