turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Cody Calls

Started by runngun, January 25, 2024, 07:12:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

runngun

Has anyone heard anything about Cody Calls lately. I saw where someone says that their website is down??? I really like their calls.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Greg Massey

Quote from: runngun on January 25, 2024, 07:12:34 PM
Has anyone heard anything about Cody Calls lately. I saw where someone says that their website is down??? I really like their calls.

Look under General forum and you will find a post talking about Cody Calls

Yoder409

Wish I knew.

Been almost a year since I sent my World Class glass back for inspection and/or repair.  Been calling and leaving a polite message about every other month since summer.   Nothing.    I'm starting to think I'm never gonna see it again.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

runngun

I saw the older post from last year, after I made this one.  I wanted to post under this subsection, believing that this was the correct place. 

wchadw

Quote from: Yoder409 on January 25, 2024, 09:49:33 PM
Wish I knew.

Been almost a year since I sent my World Class glass back for inspection and/or repair.  Been calling and leaving a polite message about every other month since summer.   Nothing.    I'm starting to think I'm never gonna see it again.
Sorry to hear that. I wish they would startup again. I'd love to get a backup WC slate just in case. I called a couple months go and left a message and never heard anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gobblers roost

Sad that u can't  get a hold of Deb or Bill. The new number says the mailbox has  not been set up.
I believe it's the end of a era.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

outdoors

A long time ago , In years ,  he was the only pot call maker that made a green slate pot call , then all of a sudden green slate was becoming available , very popular , so then he didn't make a one of a kind call  ............
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Zobo

I personally couldn't care less if they come back as I'm not a huge pot call guy. But they really need to mail Yoder's call back.
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

shatcher

Quote from: runngun on January 26, 2024, 02:50:30 PM
I saw the older post from last year, after I made this one.  I wanted to post under this subsection, believing that this was the correct place. 

You're fine.

bowbird87

I often wonder why Cody calls get such a pass on this forum. I personally this there stuff is way over priced but each there own. If a custom callmaker had kept people calls, not filled orders and not responded to calls and emails they would get absolutely obliterated on here.

Yoder409

Quote from: bowbird87 on January 27, 2024, 05:52:38 PM
I often wonder why Cody calls get such a pass on this forum. I personally this there stuff is way over priced but each there own. If a custom callmaker had kept people calls, not filled orders and not responded to calls and emails they would get absolutely obliterated on here.

For me............   At one time, a good while ago, I was quite familiar with Bill & Debbie.  I know what caliber of folks they are.  What I do NOT know is what extenuating circumstances may be accounting for their absence.   I'm not willing to throw good folks under the bus over a turkey call.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

bowbird87

I understand that! But good people constantly get raked over the coals on here. I wasn't saying you should do it, but it seem there has been zero I'll speak of them and some of this stuff is worth being mad over.

runngun

Quote from: bowbird87 on January 27, 2024, 07:28:36 PM
I understand that! But good people constantly get raked over the coals on here. I wasn't saying you should do it, but it seem there has been zero I'll speak of them and some of this stuff is worth being mad over.
I have not seen any of these things on Old Gobbler. I have been a member a long time. We are all human and EVERYONE makes mistakes. I happen to like Cody Calls and I have spoken to them several times last year. Things can happen in the blink of an eye. I have dealt with several members and call makers from Old Gobbler and I don't have a bad thing to say about any of them. Cody made great calls, for me anyway. I hope that they are doing good. If they make any more calls, great but if not I hope that they are well.
Have a good one and May God bless y'all, Bo

Tom007

Quote from: runngun on January 27, 2024, 11:22:05 PM
Quote from: bowbird87 on January 27, 2024, 07:28:36 PM
I have not seen any of these things on Old Gobbler. I have been a member a long time. We are all human and EVERYONE makes mistakes. I happen to like Cody Calls and I have spoken to them several times last year. Things can happen in the blink of an eye. I have dealt with several members and call makers from Old Gobbler and I don't have a bad thing to say about any of them. Cody made great calls, for me anyway. I hope that they are doing good. If they make any more calls, great but if not I hope that they are well.
Have a good one and May God bless y'all, Bo

X2 on all of this. I have had great experience with Cody over the years. Early on, they stood behind a repair of one of my calls. Obviously, with the popularity of their calls, a comeback is welcome and would be lucrative for them. It seems there are outlying factors hindering their ability to do business. I wish them well and hope everyone out there that has existing business with them gets taken care of in the near future.
"Solo hunter"