North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Getting Close

Started by zelmo1, January 25, 2024, 06:38:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoder409

Quote from: eggshell on February 07, 2024, 08:26:44 PM
.........we never let people around the ones that had an attitude.

Like the old, grumpy ones, you mean ??   We try to do that here in the forums, too.

:TooFunny:
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

eggshell

Quote from: eggshell on February 07, 2024, 08:26:44 PMThey had already learned who we were and where their food came from.

I see you cherry picked the quote. I'll do the same and just use the last sentence. The kids always criticize and complain about the old people, but when things turn to crap they want our help.

cannonball

Quote from: Yoder409 on February 07, 2024, 09:11:33 AM
Quote from: Zobo on February 06, 2024, 07:42:41 PM
Quote from: Happy on February 06, 2024, 06:11:36 AM
It's all fun and games till you get the GOATS all riled up.

Even though it depicts violence against children,
this is hysterical  :TooFunny:

That's what's wrong with kids these days..........

I was that size 50 years ago.  I'd have been back up and REPEATEDLY had a ball bat across that goat's noggin RIGHT quick.

I got butted by a 2,000 pound Brahman bull when I was about that kids age. Four cracked ribs, one broken leg, fractured jaw, 32 stitches and a concussion.

The bull was extremely lucky that I just scraped my knee or he would have gotten it much worse.

Happy

Your showing a lot of promise Zobo. I had a battle with a stubborn black angus bull once as well. I went a different route though. Called a local butcher and then went out with a 25-06 and settled that score.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

zelmo1

Come on " Goaties" , violence isn't always the answer. It usually is, but we cant say that anymore. Z

JeffC

Quote from: Happy on February 08, 2024, 08:02:33 AM
Your showing a lot of promise Zobo. I had a battle with a stubborn black angus bull once as well. I went a different route though. Called a local butcher and then went out with a 25-06 and settled that score.

"Hapless head butting Bull
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Happy

Hah,
That bull became known as Ferdinand after he messed with me.

JeffC

It dont look like your brain was too damaged either...."Hapless"... :TooFunny: :TooFunny:
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Happy

Having a brain causes headaches. Didnt see the point in dealing with headaches.

Zobo

I like how you called the butcher first, that's confidence, that's a boss move. Reminiscent of Clint Eastwood in A Fist Full of Dollars when he told the undertaker "better get three coffins ready."
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Yoder409

I had a very similar scenario, albeit on a much smaller scale when I was about 12.  It involved a big ole Barred Rock rooster who had a penchant for waking me up at 4:30 AM and a VERY bad attitude and a Crosman 10-pump pellet rifle. 

Same outcome as for the Angus bull.   Just a whole lot easier on the clean-up for me.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Zobo

Quote from: Yoder409 on February 09, 2024, 08:10:06 AM

I had a very similar scenario, albeit on a much smaller scale when I was about 12.  It involved a big ole Barred Rock rooster who had a penchant for waking me up at 4:30 AM and a VERY bad attitude and a Crosman 10-pump pellet rifle. 

Same outcome as for the Angus bull.   Just a whole lot easier on the clean-up for me.

I had to execute a woodpecker once.
My wife kept waking me up saying "what's that noise?" I told her "just a little birdy go back to sleep, don't make a big deal out of it." 
THEN, later that morning,I walk outside over to the gable end of the house, look up at and see ALL the  holes in the PVC$$$ rake board!
The next thought became ....7 1/2' s or 8's? Maybe skeet 9's ... CCI mini mags?
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14