turkeys for tomorrow

Hey, Killer B's.......

Started by Yoder409, January 18, 2024, 10:01:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoder409

Christmas is over

New Year has come and gone

Unicoi is a wrap.

It's OFFICIALLY turkey season !!!!!!!  Well.......the pre-game show, anyways.    ;D

Who AIN'T ready to do this ??    :z-guntootsmiley:   
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Tom007

I'm in my brother! Let's get er done!!
"Solo hunter"

Yoder409

I can NOT, freakin' wait !!!!

Which is NOT the attitude a PA guy should have........   Our season doesn't start til May 4th.   :character0029:
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Tom007

Quote from: Yoder409 on January 20, 2024, 09:11:39 AM

Which is NOT the attitude a PA guy should have........   Our season doesn't start til May 4th.   :character0029:

Wow, that's later than previous years???
"Solo hunter"

Yoder409

Quote from: Tom007 on January 20, 2024, 04:22:50 PM

LOL !!!  Yeeeeaaaahhh..........

It's also later than the opener in Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Ontario, Quebec, Connecticut, New York, Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine.    :angry9:

Our game commission comes up with some REAL head scratchers.   In the southern and eastern parts of the state, it'll be so greened-up by opening day you won't be able to see in the woods.
PA elitist since 1979

twyatt

I'm already counting the days, making calls, buying guns, blinds, scouting, trying to get new property, etc.   Hoping this season is half as good as last year was.  Already got eyes on a few prospects for this year, and my daughter is ready to roll.   Our season starts April 13 and I'll be pacing the floor and counting the minutes until then.

Yoder409

I'm counting, too.

3 1/2 freakin' months 'til I can hunt at home.  But 49 days and I'll be at it down south !!!    :you_rock:
PA elitist since 1979

YoungGobbler

Quote from: Yoder409 on January 20, 2024, 05:37:32 PM

It's also later than the opener in Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Ontario, Quebec, Connecticut, New York, Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine.    :angry9:

Our game commission comes up with some REAL head scratchers.   In the southern and eastern parts of the state, it'll be so greened-up by opening day you won't be able to see in the woods.
Rut will be mostly done also...

Yoder409

Quote from: YoungGobbler on January 22, 2024, 06:35:46 PM
Quote from: Yoder409 on January 20, 2024, 05:37:32 PM

Rut will be mostly done also...

It won't be done.   But, a week earlier start woulda REALLY been nice.     :begging:
PA elitist since 1979

Twowithone

Im looking for birds now cant wait. As Yoder said we got awhile to go here in Pa.  :z-guntootsmiley:
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

Yoder409

Quote from: Twowithone on January 23, 2024, 09:36:59 AM
Im looking for birds now cant wait. As Yoder said we got awhile to go here in Pa.  :z-guntootsmiley:

A LOOOOOOOOONG while............    :emoticon-animal-005:

What the HECK are the clowns in Harrisburg thinking ???   :character0029:
PA elitist since 1979

zelmo1

74 days till my Florida hunt  :emoticon-animal-005: :emoticon-animal-005: :emoticon-animal-005: Z

Yoder409

SWEET !!!!!!!!

I was hoping to hunt Florida either before or after my Mexican hunt (flying out from Miami).  But the timing on the North Zone opener is just wrong by about 1 day for me to hunt.    :(

Totally bummed.
PA elitist since 1979

Tom007

Killer B's are ready to rumble!
"Solo hunter"

Yoder409

Quote from: Tom007 on February 02, 2024, 08:38:39 PM
Killer B's are ready to rumble!

Only since about 10 minutes after I punched my last tag last year...........    :z-guntootsmiley:
PA elitist since 1979