OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

870 youth and factory ported Remington .560 choke

Started by Struttin, January 17, 2024, 09:07:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Struttin

Trying to get my little 870 youth 20ga usable for this season.
I have not purchased the .560 Rem choke yet but I would like to know if anyone runs an original Remington ported .560 choke tube in their 870 20ga youth?
I currently have the Carleson .575 which put up amazing pattern with heavy 7 but I am out of that and have moved on to my stock pile of longbeards and superX with patterns I would not hunt with past 20-25 yards. I know I could just move on to tss but I want to use up what I have on hand now.

tracker#1

What shot best for me in that gun was the Remington stock extra full choke I believe is .567 Says only lead but I got great 40-yard patterns with lead and TSS. I think you can still order one from Wally World. The Carlsons .568 works well also with lead or TSS. The Sumtoy .562 is excellent with TSS also. Every gun is different though...

runngun

I have got great results with 560 and the 562 chokes.  For me that is as tight as I would go. I have used a Sumtoy 562 and it throws the best for me with handloaded TSS.
Have a good one and May God bless y'all,Bo

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Greg Massey

In my youth 20 ga. I use a Trulock 565 non-ported with the Federal P HW 7 and it's bad to the bone.... 

swamppirate

I use the Remington .560 TSS choke. Paired with Apex Ninja 8.5's its a great combo
Duty is the most sublime word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less.
Robert E. Lee

BA-IV

Quote from: swamppirate on February 09, 2024, 04:03:05 PM
I use the Remington .560 TSS choke. Paired with Apex Ninja 8.5's its a great combo

Did you shoot the straight 9's also and try any other shell the small town blend? I have that exact gun and choke combo and am waiting for the ammo to come in the mail!

BBURN

I have the 870 Express Magnum youth and have two Trulock chokes that are killers.  I put a Winchester LB .565 and it throws a pretty good pattern at 40 yards with LBXR #5 and #6.  You can win turkey shoots with TSS #9 with it.  I'm all in with TSS now and so I actually opened the pattern up with a Pinhoti .585 and it is bad to the bone at 40+.

ColemantownHC

Quote from: BBURN on February 13, 2024, 01:48:35 PM
I have the 870 Express Magnum youth and have two Trulock chokes that are killers.  I put a Winchester LB .565 and it throws a pretty good pattern at 40 yards with LBXR #5 and #6.  You can win turkey shoots with TSS #9 with it.  I'm all in with TSS now and so I actually opened the pattern up with a Pinhoti .585 and it is bad to the bone at 40+.

What he said