OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Franchi Affinity 3 26'' barrel

Started by ruffbritt4, January 15, 2024, 04:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ruffbritt4

I have been in the market for a Franchi Affinity for awhile and just decided to pull the trigger. I've been scouring old threads for choke recommendations, but everything I'm seeing shoots pretty hot at 40 yards. Any recommendations for a choke that is a little more open for those close range shots, but still dense enough to reach out to 40?

Edit: I should add that I will be shooting TSS #9's

Thanks!

PharmHunter

Franklin7x57

I'm shooting a trulock .585 in mine, not really clean it, run a snakebore thru it. I average 275-285 in 10" at 40 yards. About volleyball size pattern at 20 yds. You will be picking shot out of the breast and legs with a more open choke.

Tailwalk

Trulock 585

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bwhana

Ditto the previous posts. IC 570 or Trulock 575 or 585.  Shoot them and find out, but my bet is all 3 will do anything a hunter needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ruffbritt4

I appreciate the replies. I'll report back once the cerakote is complete and this weather breaks

ragin-cajun

Wild Turkey

runngun

I would definitely try a Sumtoy 562, the great thing about William is that he will work with you to get the pattern YOU want.
This day and time, almost unheard of. He really takes care of his customers.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

PineyRooster

Have the same gun. Trulock 575 is where it's at. Apex 7.5, 8, or 9s. Straight shooter with the bead so that's a big bonus for me.

bvoss

I've heard the factory full and tss 9's will do about 200 in the 10" at 40. Have you shot yours yet? Any issues cycling? Mine has had a tough time with the dove loads.

WTNUT

Have the same gun for the kids.  Mine shot most shells and chokes well.  The Carlson TSS was the one I went with for the gun.