turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

what can i do ......scope challange.

Started by rabbit59, January 10, 2024, 07:07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rabbit59

I bought a Mosberg 940 pro turkey. I'm turning 65 this spring and my vision is my handicap. I decided to put a scope on my gun as I miss birds standing out in front or coming in until too late. I bought a picatinny rail made for my gun and a set or Leupold low rings. I'm using a Vortex 1x4x20 Turkey scope. Here's the issue. When I mount gun, I have to raise my head off of stock to see through scope. Not a lot mind you, but I dont feel I should have to at all. I know the stock is adjustable for cast and LOP. If I could only raise it a touch. Any suggestions outside of buying new rings. I dont know if they make a lower picatinny as mine does have a weird shaped bottom to it. Maybe its needed for some odd reason.....but help is needed. Thanks all....

Greg Massey

Look online at the Tourbon neoprene combo rising kit with the different size cheek rest sleeves. Also Beartooth makes one check it out also, I like it better myself

the Ward

Rabbit, there are quite a few comb raising devices out there that will fix your issue. There are neoprene sleeves, leather lace on cheek pieces, and semi permanent ones like the accu-riser, that attaches with 2 screws like a recoil pad,and be ground to fit too.I can sympathize with you, I hate not having a good cheek weld!

BuffetSlayer

I put a godagrip cheek pad on my mossy 835 and it worked perfectly. Of course there are tons of options that will do a great job.

rt2bowhunter

I just bought a Mossberg 930 I haven't even shot it yet lol. But I get where you're coming from. I won't put up with my head floating around behind a raised sight. In my case it's a red dot but pretty much the same problem you're dealing with.

Beartooth 2.0 makes a nice comb raising kit. It's a bear to put on and get right but once on it's nice. But as you can see I bought a pistol grip stock and the beartooth just flat won't work.

So I had to make something that worked for what I needed. I ordered a sheath of 1/8" plastic from Amazon. I then made a template from printer paper and cut it out on the plastic. Heated it up in my wife's oven and moulded it to the gun as you can see. Then mounted it with 2 screws each side.

I know it's white lol. I painted it getting it ready to hydro dip but my kit didn't come today :(. Should be here Monday I hope. Then it will better match the gun. It works perfectly and is very solid. When I shoulder the shot gun my eye is lined up perfectly and I have a solid cheek weld.

Hope this helps maybe gives you an idea or ideas :).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bbcoach

I have a 835 and I put a Bushnell red dot on it to correct a POA/POI problem.  I use a Beartooth Comb raising kit on it to get a good cheek weld and help with cheek slap.  This is a neoprene sock with multiple shims included.  Give them a look.