OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

The beginning, the middle, or the end?

Started by Zobo, January 08, 2024, 10:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Massey

I think something else that hasn't been mentioned that adds value is the story behind the making of the call and the woods using in making the call. Like Bob said all of this contributes to the making and value of the call / caller... I think regardless of the first, middle last calls all depends on the call and what you like in tones / sounds ... Now I will agree that the call builder's name in itself can make a call very valuable regardless of the sounds especially if he's passed away... Also some of the call builders could only make a limited number of calls each year and his calls could cost you a premium.  The waiting period could take up to 4 years from these builders...

Zobo

Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Zobo

Quote from: Greg Massey on January 09, 2024, 06:43:04 PM
I think something else that hasn't been mentioned that adds value is the story behind the making of the call and the woods using in making the call.

Good point Greg, And the overall looks and style of the call too as well as condition I'm sure.

Zobo

Quote from: Yoder409 on January 09, 2024, 03:40:40 PM
Quote from: Zobo on January 09, 2024, 12:42:09 PM
  I know serious collectors of anything always go crazy if "the original box" is included  :drool:

I always wondered if the box the call was mailed in adds any value and if I should have kept them.

It DOES add value and , yes.........you shoulda kept them.

Yep, that's what I was afraid of :begging:

Yoder409

Quote from: Zobo on January 09, 2024, 08:08:25 PM
Quote from: Yoder409 on January 09, 2024, 03:46:09 PM
Quote from: Terry on January 09, 2024, 03:44:36 PM
Yoder, is that the fat lady singing?

She is.

That' is beyond awesome!!!  :you_rock:

The call is actually named "The Fat Lady".

It's the official last call that Neil Cost ever made.  Hence........"the fat lady sang".  IIRC, it sold on eBay for somewhere in the vicinity of $11,500 over 20 years ago.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

tal

Tom007

A great call makers calls to me are good beginning, middle and the end. Of course when they are no longer made, value increases due to simple buying opportunities. Quality well known callers that are in high demand stood the test of time through their entire life cycle......we all know who they are...
"Solo hunter"

Tarheel

Quote from: packmule on January 09, 2024, 12:03:01 AM
In terms of financial value, I'm not sure....
I've bought multiple calls from several of my personal favorites over the years and the sound quality/ease of play just gets better and better and better the more calls they each build.  So from that perspective, I'd say the later work is more valuable to me.

True....true....true!!!!!!!!

Also, the laws of supply and demand always prove true........