News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Tobacco tin scratchbox.......

Started by Tarheel, January 01, 2024, 03:57:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarheel

Quote from: Spurtaker on January 05, 2024, 08:33:28 AM
Lots of work in those for sure. It's a passion and not a job cause that job doesn't pay well. Gotta love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After I retired from my public school teaching job in 2018, I spent a year trying to figure out what I wanted to do with the rest of my life. Finally, my wife threw me out of the house to go clean up my small workshop in the garage...or to do anything other than sit in the house with nothing to do. To clean out my workshop, I had to move wood I had stacked in the workshop up to my woodloft. In the woodloft, I found a box of scratchboxes I had made in 2006 and forgotten about. When I built those scratchboxes in 2006, I had left extra wood on the front of the scratchboxes to allow for checkering. After finding the scratchboxes, I couldn't find my checkering tools; so I had to figure out what else I could do with them, then I found my carving tools....and the rest is history....LOL!!! For me the scratchbox is a passion, but it also is a job.  Turkey call making definitely doesn't pay well, and dealing with the public can sometimes be a challenge. But I also am passionate and committed to making a turkey call that will maintain value for the purchaser. I sincerely believe my carved scratchboxes will do that.....   

Spurtaker

Quote from: Tarheel on January 31, 2024, 04:39:29 PM
Quote from: Spurtaker on January 05, 2024, 08:33:28 AM
Lots of work in those for sure. It's a passion and not a job cause that job doesn't pay well. Gotta love it.

After I retired from my public school teaching job in 2018, I spent a year trying to figure out what I wanted to do with the rest of my life. Finally, my wife threw me out of the house to go clean up my small workshop in the garage...or to do anything other than sit in the house with nothing to do. To clean out my workshop, I had to move wood I had stacked in the workshop up to my woodloft. In the woodloft, I found a box of scratchboxes I had made in 2006 and forgotten about. When I built those scratchboxes in 2006, I had left extra wood on the front of the scratchboxes to allow for checkering. After finding the scratchboxes, I couldn't find my checkering tools; so I had to figure out what else I could do with them, then I found my carving tools....and the rest is history....LOL!!! For me the scratchbox is a passion, but it also is a job.  Turkey call making definitely doesn't pay well, and dealing with the public can sometimes be a challenge. But I also am passionate and committed to making a turkey call that will maintain value for the purchaser. I sincerely believe my carved scratchboxes will do that.....   
I'll wait patiently for mine. Well maybe impatiently. lol, I do want one when you get chance. Maybe you should just stay out of the house more so you'll have more time to get to mine.

Just wait. He's coming!