OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Tobacco tin scratchbox.......

Started by Tarheel, January 01, 2024, 03:57:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarheel

I started the carving on this scratchbox in 2020, but I didn't finish it.  At the time, this was my 8th carved scratchbox.  A good friend contacted me wanting a carved scratchbox, so I took an afternoon and finished it up.  It will fit in a tobacco tin and is a deadly little turkey call................

It goes in the mail tomorrow to Texas.

callmakerman

Damn I thought it was coming to NY. Beautiful work as always Marvin.

packmule

Zobo

Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

turkey stew

Marvin, Very sharp looking and I'm sure great running scratcher!

Tarheel

Thank all of you for the kind words.....I really appreciate it!!!

Spurtaker

Really nice work. Can't wait to see you in Helen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just wait. He's coming!

Tarheel

I had a customer tell me I was wasting my time drawing anything other than a strutting gobbler on a turkey call.  At first, I really didn't know how to take his comment.....I was drawing what I wanted to draw, and I hadn't much thought about what to draw. But afterwards, I got to noticing the turkey calls with a strutting gobbler were the first of the calls that customers purchased.  So, I thought I needed to pay more attention to customer preference........LOL!!  All boxed up and ready for the ride to Unicoi...........

Tarheel

Two more........

With these two I decided to incorporate wild cherry burl.  These calls looks much better in hand than the picture shows.....

Tarheel

This is one of my favorites.....because I always imagine that old tom standing on the limb looking for me when I'm talking to him first thing in the morning ......

Spurtaker

Nice flock you're making

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just wait. He's coming!

Tarheel

Two more going to Unicoi...............

Tarheel

Last.....but not least.....LOL!!

Tarheel

Sir-diealot

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."