News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

My new display will hold 3 more pot calls

Started by Meleagris gallopavo, December 24, 2023, 04:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zobo

Quote from: Tom007 on January 16, 2024, 04:44:22 PM
Paul Platz Maple Slate, Cody Spec1 slate, and Brad Roberts Blue Mahoe Bronzed Glass. These are my 3 best Pot calls in my arsenal for sure. You probably have most or all of these. Good luck......

Sweeeeet lineup Tom!
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Zobo

Quote from: Meleagris gallopavo on January 16, 2024, 07:06:12 PM
Paul Platz Maple Slate, Cody Spec1 slate, and Brad Roberts Blue Mahoe Bronzed Glass. These are my 3 best Pot calls in my arsenal for sure. You probably have most or all of these. Good luck......
Actually I don't have any from these makers.  I know they're top shelf, but also difficult to obtain unless you find some on the secondary market.  I think Cody calls can be ordered, but the website has been removed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forget Cody, get a Brad Roberts slate he's still making them or grab one from the classified, they pop up from time to time. He makes a great glass too

Tom007

Quote from: Meleagris gallopavo on January 16, 2024, 07:06:12 PM
Actually I don't have any from these makers.  I know they're top shelf, but also difficult to obtain unless you find some on the secondary market.  I think Cody calls can be ordered, but the website has been removed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brad Roberts is pretty accessible. He is on Facebook I believe.  Yes, Cody is now tough to get. The Platz  has become difficult, he now makes very few calls. Secondary market is the best bet. Good luck....
"Solo hunter"

Tom007

Quote from: Zobo on January 17, 2024, 07:54:25 PM

Sweeeeet lineup Tom!

Thanks my friend....took awhile to get the Platz and Roberts. I bought my Spec 1 in 1994 from Cody, (first year) for 75 bucks. Turns out to be a good investment...
"Solo hunter"

Zobo

Quote from: Tom007 on January 17, 2024, 08:24:30 PM
Quote from: Zobo on January 17, 2024, 07:54:25 PM

Sweeeeet lineup Tom!

Thanks my friend....took awhile to get the Platz and Roberts. I bought my Spec 1 in 1994 from Cody, (first year) for 75 bucks. Turns out to be a good investment...

That awesome, that's a special call!

Yoder409

Redbeard makes some KILLER stuff !!!!

I've got a slate/glass/canarywood that just screams.

Something a guy with a friction call display MIGHT wanna consider is an heirloom call from the 2023 NWTF Earl Mickel Award winner Miss Sherry Brown.  The artwork on her calls is BEYOND comprehension !!!

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

trclark

Check John Sinclair he make calls in most woods, his titanium is awesome, everything he makes is good will work with you and give you what you want, ceramic over aluminum or slate, great calls

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk