turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New Red Mist Display

Started by Meleagris gallopavo, December 18, 2023, 01:18:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meleagris gallopavo

Finally set up and loaded my Red Mist call display.  What do you think?

Only complaint I have is that the pegs are too thick for some calls to go all the way down and they are a little too close together and some trumpet bells won't fit beside one another, so I skipped every other peg.  Maybe that's a good thing as I will limit how many trumpets I can get.  The wingbones really don't work on the pegs depending on the maker.  No for a box call and a couple of Shannon's push pins...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

TurkinTone

If the pegs are not glued in place, you can twist them out and trim for a custom fit (length).

3bailey3

Meleagris gallopavo

Quote from: TurkinTone on December 18, 2023, 04:39:50 PM
If the pegs are not glued in place, you can twist them out and trim for a custom fit (length).
I'll try that!  Thanks!

ferocious calls

Lcmacd 58

Nice display
Someone has an issue ...

GobbleNut

Quote from: Lcmacd 58 on December 19, 2023, 04:44:38 PM
Nice display
Someone has an issue ...

:TooFunny: ;D  Yes, someone does!  ...But if one is going to have such an issue, that is a beautiful way to confirm it! 
Nice work Mg.  I like it!   :) :icon_thumright:

Meleagris gallopavo

Quote from: GobbleNut on December 20, 2023, 08:44:36 AM
Quote from: Lcmacd 58 on December 19, 2023, 04:44:38 PM
Nice display
Someone has an issue ...

:TooFunny: ;D  Yes, someone does!  ...But if one is going to have such an issue, that is a beautiful way to confirm it! 
Nice work Mg.  I like it!   :) :icon_thumright:
I like it because it limits me on call purchases.  Once it's filled either I get another display (heaven forbid) or I "slow down" or "stop" (yeah, right) buying calls.  It'll be awhile before it's filled.  Most of the trumpets are on the first row of pegs.

Lcmacd 58

Its a nice display and I know if it were mine I'd fill and the build a bigger 1. That's what did with my gun safe. I got 1 that was way bigger than I needed. I now own 3 and will have them full soon. I really like the display ..... my few calls are in 3 clothing totes...I would to have a display like that ..   

Sir-diealot

I like it and I can see the problem with the pegs as my little display for them had that issue, though in mine the pegs are not tall enough. My hands are clumsy and big, do you have  any problems removing the pot calls? Looks very nice though.

Sent from my SM-S136DL using Tapatalk

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Meleagris gallopavo

Well I bought a little brass, twist type pencil sharpener and solved the peg problem.  Didn't take them out, just shaved them down where they were.