OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

AGE Trumpets

Started by Jhp148, December 13, 2023, 02:53:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jhp148

Looking for advice on which model age trumpets you guys use in the field. My time has finally come on Anthony's list. I'm between the XT and T6 models. If anyone could give me some advice on what they like personally that would be greatly appreciated. Also not sure what mouthpiece to go with. Thank you in advance

Ctate94

He just made me a delrin t5, and it straight screams. My recommendation

Gobbler428

I have three of his T6's, one XT and a J1, all of them are players and will kill turkeys. I learned to run a trumpet and called in and killed my first turkey with a Bocote T6 of his several years ago.  His newer XT model is a great horn as well and to me plays just as easy and sounds just as good as the T6.  I can't speak to the T5.  As far as the MP is concerned, doesn't matter, just go with what looks best with the wood you choose. I don't think you can go wrong with anything Anthony makes.

RLAG

I got an XT in Osage from him last year at Unicoi. Killed a bird with it. Apparently he thought it sounded pretty good. I got a custom flat mouth piece with a farmer ish slit in it so it is easy to get a lot of rasp

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

EZ

Pick the one you like. I've never ran any call from Ant that wasn't super.

ChesterCopperpot

XT, and if it were me I'd get a metal mouthpiece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

packmule

Thoughts on wood vs metal for body material? I ran an aluminum at Unicoi that was very impressive.

davisd9

Quote from: packmule on December 18, 2023, 10:15:53 AM
Thoughts on wood vs metal for body material? I ran an aluminum at Unicoi that was very impressive.

Personally not a fan of metal mouth pieces or metal bodied calls. I did have a call one time that the delrin mouthpiece was lined with brass and I liked that. Some of my issues with the metal is a sensory issue with it on my lips.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

ChesterCopperpot

Quote from: packmule on December 18, 2023, 10:15:53 AM
I like a wood body and a metal mouthpiece. Really love the sound of this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

richard black

I don't believe you can go wrong with any of Anthony's trumpets. I have 3 of his T6 in Blackwood, Osage, and Pink Ivory wood, a Chibouk, and a cane yelper with wing bone mp. All of his trumpets are top shelf and full of turkey. I never go to the woods without one.

Sir-diealot

I don't have the knowledge that the others do to really give you advice on what Woods to get, I just wanted to say he's a class act, a great guy to get deal with and buy from. He treats you really well, is patient, answers all your questions and doesn't treat you like you're an inconvenience. I really like the guy and the call I got from him,  I  am sure how to spell it but I got one of the Chibums* a pipe type call and I like it quite a bit.

Sent from my SM-S136DL using Tapatalk

Found the images. Tulipwood Chibouk (A.K.A. Smoker) from Anthony at AGE Turkey Trumpets

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

mountainhunter1

Quote from: Ctate94 on December 13, 2023, 02:54:58 PM
He just made me a delrin t5, and it straight screams. My recommendation

That is a sweet looking hen right there. Thanks for sharing.
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

greentrout

Not sure when my name will come up, but this thread is not making the wait easy! Nice looking trumpets. Can't wait to see what you decide on @Jhp148
Looking to buy Allen Dunfee scratch boxes.

sbbow

Kingwood/ Mac Ebony

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3bailey3

Those pipe ones are cool..