OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Favorite trumpet

Started by Alabama556, August 11, 2023, 07:34:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alabama556

I am starting to collect a few trumpet calls and wanted to see who your favorite call makers were.

Thanks

davisd9

Kenny Pedelahore, Mark Prudhomme, Billy Buice, Lewis Stowe, Ricky Padgett, and Lee Chadwick
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Ranman

So many great makers. You really have to fine the ones that work for you. It has been suggested before to buy a reputable makers horn and get good with it, then add to your collection. Terry has a good write up for beginners, and several makers are listed. My favs are KP, Black Falcon, Permar, and most recently Gwaltney. Also, don't ignore a good wingbone. Just received one from EZ, and it speaks turkey..

Bedge7767

Don't start collecting trumpets. You'll stay broke unless you hit the lottery. Lol
Jim

wchadw

Quote from: Bedge7767 on August 11, 2023, 11:11:52 AM
Don't start collecting trumpets. You'll stay broke unless you hit the lottery. Lol
I agree. Don't do it....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meleagris gallopavo

Truth!

I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

Tarheel

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

Meleagris gallopavo

I'll add Seth Hamon, Jeremy Simpson, Kenneth Mullins, Brian Mero, Daryl Slaton and Bob Buckner to the list.
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

Greg Massey

Lot of good trumpet builders. My suggestion is to stay with builders who have been building trumpets for a long time... That's not to say others who build trumpets along with other calls don't do a good job.  IMO

sbbow

Couldn't have said it better !

Notsoyoungturk

Amen!
A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be - Fred Bear

outdoors

:z-dizzy: :z-dizzy: :z-dizzy: :z-dizzy:
It's a great Hobie, expensive, quit while
Your  a head
PS.  You have been given a lot of good trumpet makers
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

tal

All the above and more. A few call makers that make other types of calls won't take an order for a trumpet but build some that will play with the best if you can get ahold of one. I'm not a collector either but I chose wisely and have a hand full that are not going anywhere.
I've said Bedge7767 is a wise man....  :TooFunny:

ejacks10s

I'd add Marvin Breedlove, Dave Shoemaker, & Tom Osmer...if you're not broke already. Lol

Yelper

AGE/Anthony Ellis trumpets.