OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

ATTENTION ALL CALLMAKERS...POLL IS UP GO VOTE!!!!

Started by pappy, July 05, 2011, 12:50:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

West Augusta

I traded one of my locust strikers and a slate pot call for a Chopper One axe. Best firewood axe out there.

http://www.chopperaxe.com/
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

TRKYHTR

I traded a pot call for some mighty fine walnut. Then the guy like the call soo much he wanted to trade me some more walnut for a call for his friend. Did that trade as well.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

mountman62

Quote from: Gitzit69 on July 05, 2011, 11:34:23 PM
I traded a pot call for a pot of chicken and dumplin's. Old lady around the corner wanted one for her grandson. Best trade I ever made.  :icon_thumright:

PAPPY, I either got to go with this one, or the trade that wasn't by Wendell, well, maybe the moonshine trade was maybe the best, i haven't ever traded calls, but i have traded taxidermy work for some calls before, and hunts, and guns, and h/ac work, and i will trade taxidermy work for bout anything, but I am like Wendell on some things
It's not a passion, It's an OBSESSION

[img][img]

luckydawg

I stopped by a mobile crawfish hut and bought some for lunch after a turkey hunt. Fellow asked if I had been hunting and before the conversation was over, he had a some of my mouth calls and I had my money back!

pappy

keep 'em coming boys, gonna get setup for for the vote post....pappy
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

hookedspur

I have never traded one ,and I am not a call maker , I give all my outgrown calls to the neighborhood kids ,,,then their  mothers call to cu--  me I mean thank me  :lol:  :icon_thumright:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

pappy

tel...573-380-8206

socalturkeyman

Quote from: swampgobbler on July 06, 2011, 07:20:55 PM
traded a pot call for a jar of moonshine and a pinch of Copenhagen...... i don't like aluminum calls anyway

Now that's having your priorties straight lol!
A shot not taken,is a shot missed!
Juan Galindo-Last Light Taxidermy

pappy

tel...573-380-8206

misfire

Quote from: lightsoutcalls on July 06, 2011, 10:33:30 AM
The most unusual offer I had for a call, I turned down.  At an NWTF banquet in Branson I had a lady wanting to get a call for her boyfriend.  After telling her I couldn't take a credit card, she made an offer to trade for "favors" of a very personal nature.  Yeah, seriously.  I'll trade for a lot of things, but that ain't one of 'em. 

Still have her number????

Traded for all kinds of things
other calls heads the list, used to do a lot of that and had fun doing it too
best was a hand made elk antler turkey tote that the individual implanted one of his done by hand arrowheads made of black obsidian. That was cool in itself, but he also napped a knife made of brown obsidian, deer antler handle and deer sinew wraps.
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net