Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

ATTENTION ALL CALLMAKERS...POLL IS UP GO VOTE!!!!

Started by pappy, July 05, 2011, 12:50:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

I got to ask.....what is the strangest thing you ever got in a trade for one of your calls? I got these from one of the doctors that treated my mother in law with her cancer, (these are not used) ... for a long box. Let's see or hear what you traded for......after everyone has replied let's say up to the 11th of July...I am gonna post a poll vote, and the winner with the most votes is gonna get a long box like the one I traded the doctor...as a kind of a thanks for putting up with me all these years...pappy
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

magnoliagamecalls

I would say mine has been I had a truck seat repaired :you_rock:

stone road turkey calls

traded two calls for one of the old concreat boy fishing statues
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

Spring Creek Calls

One of my half moon's for dinner at a Chinese buffet during an out of state hunt. It was one of my hunting buddies so I didn't figure I'd get much out of him anyway!

:z-guntootsmiley:
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

TRKYHTR

I traded some mouth calls to a guy who wasn't going to give us much information about where to find turkeys. After the mouth calls we had 3 different places to hunt. 2 hours later my son and I both killed Merriam turkeys in Valentine NE.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

pappy

hahahaha....these are great stories, I like the one about the statue....gotta see that one! Creekrocket, I use my wife's curling iron for my nose hairs, so I really don't want to pluck 'em..lol
tel...573-380-8206

WillowRidgeCalls

Traded a set of box calls for a English Setter pup.
Wisconsin Turkey and Turkey Hunting Pro-Staff
Scott

FULLFAN#5

Tradded a pot call for a few hair cuts to my buddy and got to sit around his barber shop. I also got all the local gossip and turkey sightings and hot spots for free. Best trade I ever made.  :gobble:
Mike

Full Fan Custom Calls

NWTF Cave Run Chapter

"You don't hunt turkeys beacuse you want to, you hunt turkeys because you have to." Colonel Tom Kelly

BigGobbler

I traded a weekend of  turkey hunting for a chance to create my son, man that was the longest weekend of my life LOL.

lightsoutcalls

Where do we begin...

A dozen calls for a new bow last year
10 calls for a pair of Danner Pronghorn boots about 5 years ago
6 calls for a Nikon Archer's Choice rangefinder this spring
20 calls for a 7 man tent, a queen sized air mattress and a Marlin bolt action .22 mag
A few calls each for a dozen Lumenarrows, 6 Lumenoks, Grizztrick broadheads, QAD arrow rest, Rancho Safari Cat Quiver, Muddy Outdoors hang on stand, dozen Easton Full Metal Jacket arrows, Columbia River half serrated lock blade...

The most unusual offer I had for a call, I turned down.  At an NWTF banquet in Branson I had a lady wanting to get a call for her boyfriend.  After telling her I couldn't take a credit card, she made an offer to trade for "favors" of a very personal nature.  Yeah, seriously.  I'll trade for a lot of things, but that ain't one of 'em. 
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

pappy

Wendell...MY GOSH....that is one impressive list of trades. I have to say it is gonna be hard to beat...especially the last one..WOW :TooFunny:
tel...573-380-8206

TRKYHTR

Quote from: lightsoutcalls on July 06, 2011, 10:33:30 AM
Where do we begin...

A dozen calls for a new bow last year
10 calls for a pair of Danner Pronghorn boots about 5 years ago
6 calls for a Nikon Archer's Choice rangefinder this spring
20 calls for a 7 man tent, a queen sized air mattress and a Marlin bolt action .22 mag
A few calls each for a dozen Lumenarrows, 6 Lumenoks, Grizztrick broadheads, QAD arrow rest, Rancho Safari Cat Quiver, Muddy Outdoors hang on stand, dozen Easton Full Metal Jacket arrows, Columbia River half serrated lock blade...

The most unusual offer I had for a call, I turned down.  At an NWTF banquet in Branson I had a lady wanting to get a call for her boyfriend.  After telling her I couldn't take a credit card, she made an offer to trade for "favors" of a very personal nature.  Yeah, seriously.  I'll trade for a lot of things, but that ain't one of 'em. 

OMG Wendell. How you you like to have been around the table on that conversation; " That is a beautiful call dear. what did you have to pay for it".     Ooops.   :TooFunny:

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

swampgobbler

traded a pot call for a jar of moonshine and a pinch of Copenhagen...... i don't like aluminum calls anyway

smurf

Strangest?  Does one of my calls for one of yours work?  How about a pot call for a 2"x24"x5' slab of cherry. 
If you can't stand behind our troops.  Feel free to stand in front of them.

lightsoutcalls

Did I mention I love to barter?   ;D

I also traded a couple of calls made out of some mesquite I got from a gentleman for a couple of boxes of mesquite blanks.  There are some limited edition mesquite calls in the works from that swap.

Crazy thing about that Branson banquet, my wife was sitting about 3 feet behind me working on organizing materials for Bible school.  I also met one of my field staffers at that banquet.  Oh, yeah, I did make a trade at that banquet... I had made a honey locust slate call and a birch striker for Alex Rutledge, who was speaking there.  After the banquet he asked me to come out to his truck and he gave me the Lil' Deuce slate call he had used on the Cuttn' and Struttn' video the previous spring. 
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!