Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Hounds Tooth Game Mouth Calls Review ( now with sound clip)

Started by savduck, July 05, 2011, 09:58:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

savduck

Gents, I picked up a few different mouth calls  from Lyle at Hounds Tooth Game calls. Im always looking for something new with mouth calls. Since this was my first go round with Hounds Tooth mouth calls, I spoke with Lyle and asked him to send me some random samplings based on the style I like to blow.

I ended up with a 3 reed split V, a 2 reed combo cut, a 3 reed batwing cut, and a 3 reed half bat wing, half split V cut. Im going to tell you that all four calls sounded great. The tape is premium soft tape, and the hand stretch is just right on all the reeds. One of the cuts is usually pretty finicky for me to run by other mouth call makers, and I had full control over the HT version of it, which was a pleasant surprise. Ill get up a sound bite later this week for people to listen to.

If you guys want to support our guys from the board, Hounds Tooth mouth calls get a  :icon_thumright: from me. Click on pic.

Georgia Boy

drenalinld

Thanks for the review. Looking forward to the sound bite.

Basser69

I got one of his calls back during the season and I can also tell ya that it is one of the best mouth calls I have ever run!  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

rtsj

Lyle's calls are the real deal!  I ordered the All Pro 3 reed and it is without question the finest mouth call i've ever run.  I've bought alot of calls and never found one that is easily to blow and that can easily make all the different sounds. This call can do it all. Loud aggressive cutts, down to the softest of purrs.  If you buy one mouth call for the 2012 season make it one of All Pro 3 reeds. Cant wait to order more  Hounds Tooth calls. Thank Lyle for an awesome product!!!

savduck

Im going to make another clip outside a few days from now. The echo from the trailer drowns out the high to low drop on these calls. They rollover very easy.
Georgia Boy

TRKYHTR

RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

savduck

Georgia Boy

Houndstooth Game Calls

Savduck that is fine calling I can tell you love messing with any kind of calls! I didnt see this on here!

savduck

I do. I get obessed with mastering any type of game calls, not just turkey. I spend countless hours playing with calls, and Im self taught....no videos, no books, no mentor. Just hearing the animal live and then playing on a call until I figure out how to get the sound I want out of it. It takes years sometimes to get the right technic and muscle memory. Im not afraid to destroy something by tinkering with it......quite a few mouth calls,box calls, and duck calls are in the trash from me tinkering to much.

I posted this because you guys make a fine product, and i think someone would get a great deal if they are looking to spend their hard earned money on something that is worth it. Great job on these calls.
Georgia Boy

kenturkey89

Brian

OLE RASPY