turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Best NY Pot Call Makers

Started by Haggstromjohnd, June 10, 2023, 04:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3bailey3

Jim post up yours, best group of calls I have ever saw!

Bedge7767

Quote from: 3bailey3 on June 10, 2023, 10:34:49 PM
Jim post up yours, best group of calls I have ever saw!

I'm not trying to get into trouble tonight. Lol
Jim

jordanz7935

Bill Lyman and David Halloran are the top 2 NY guys. Best custom pots anywhere? Tough question there. My favorite calls are from Cody, Lonnie Sneed, Halloran, and Blackstone. Couple " new" favorites this year has been a Lonzo Grey Slate and a Townsend glass my buddy gave me. That lonzo call is something special, it really stacked some birds up for me this year. my first pot from Lonzo but definitely wont be my last. Townsend is as good of a glass call as I've played. Tons of custom makers out there that I've never even played, but there reputation speaks for themselves. Platz, Corder, Daybreak,Strawser, oak ridge, roger parks all make great calls. Also own and would recommend pots from Dawkins, VanCise, and MAC.

callmakerman

I want to thank you guys for putting my name out the for the pot calls, but I have to let it be known that I haven't taken order on pot calls in quite some time. I still when I feel up to it turn a few here and there but it's not many.  The only pot I still make is my SofTalker and some strikers.

Wvgobbler

David Halloran and Bill Lyman... Bill makes the best strikers money can buy. His strikers are about all I use anymore. They both make turkey killing machines!!!

Lonzo makes one of the best pot calls you can get I've called in a pile of gobblers with his calls running them with Lyman strikers.
Brad Roberts makes a very good call along with Mac.. Both of them make a phenomenal pot call. Eddie Wynn makes a very good slate call. So many good call makers everywhere nowadays.

310 gauge

I treasure all my turkey tools from Bill!!!

NCSWAMPFOX

pots, soft talkers and strikers are top shelf. bill is always willing to help as well as talk about acc basketball

Haggstromjohnd

Seems like a straight shooter willing to give good advice and 1 heck of a call maker.

Sir-diealot

I have a old pot from Tim Fralick Custom Calls that has an interesting look and good sound to it that a member here gave me, I am not sure if he still makes pots though. .The call surface is Burgundy slate from Canada, the pot is made from butternut.

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

TauntoHawk

Best is impossibly subjective, I really like Hollorans pot calls and the twisted sister is the first "custom call" I ever bought and it still is the primary pot call that gets rides in the vest after purchasing a good many calls. Best overall would be even harder to narrow down, I tend to stick with makers that I've become extremely friendly with as there's plenty of great makers.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>