OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Best NY Pot Call Makers

Started by Haggstromjohnd, June 10, 2023, 04:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haggstromjohnd

Just trying to get everyone's opinion on best NY Pot call makers AND best custom pot call makers anywhere... Thanks eveyone

Sir-diealot

David Halloran is very well liked though I have never had any of his calls. I love his one piece strikers though.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

3bailey3

Bill Lyman is the answer to both of your questions. Not a NY guy but a Lon Trice pots are hard to beat!

Bedge7767

Jim

Sir-diealot

Quote from: 3bailey3 on June 10, 2023, 05:35:23 PM
Bill Lyman is the answer to both of your questions. Not a NY guy but a Lon Trice pots are hard to beat!
Did not know Bill made Pots, I will have to figure out how to get one.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

HookedonHooks

I would also echo this answer.

Bill Lyman is top notch. Lon Trice (Lonzo's Custom Calls) is from Georgia but in my opinion builds one of the best all around pots.

Another notable pot call maker from the northeast worth checking out would be Jimmy Schaffer (Oak Ridge Custom Calls).

PEte_A

Mr Lyman and David Halloran from NY make some really good sounding callers!

letinmfly

Bill Lyman and if you can find one don't overlook Larry Bean
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

Lcmacd 58

I will add 1 for David....his box call and long box are really nice and very easy to run

Terry

Quote from: Sir-diealot on June 10, 2023, 06:09:02 PM
Did not know Bill made Pots, I will have to figure out how to get one.
Me and you both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haggstromjohnd

Appreciate all the information!

davisd9

Only one I know is David Halloran and he makes a dang good pot. Hard to beat Lonzo or Dawkins!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

turkey stew

Quote from: letinmfly on June 10, 2023, 07:13:59 PM
Bill Lyman and if you can find one don't overlook Larry Bean
X 2. I have some of each maker. Larry Bean is a top notch pot call maker from the past.

3bailey3

Lyman pots, I think I have another must still be in vest!

Bedge7767

Quote from: 3bailey3 on June 10, 2023, 10:24:31 PM
Lyman pots, I think I have another must still be in vest!

Very nice!
Jim