Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What are you doing today for next season.

Started by Gooserbat, June 10, 2023, 11:47:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

callmakerman

Made a few lids for a box call I'm looking to build. First box in over ten years.  Fixed a couple of pots that went south and I'm getting ready to make my second Butski style double sided pot for fall or next spring.

ShortMagFan

Nursing clover plots, about to plow several new plots in preparation for chufa later this month. Need to scout the new land bordering my farm I just picked up the lease on

Meeting a guy with a forestry mulcher Tuesday and will turn him loose on about 30 acres that have gotten too overgrown for my (and a turkey's taste)

I've done some summer predator trapping. But I think the impact on February is infinitely larger

Will finish my rattle can paint job on a Stevens 301 compact tomorrow morning. FF3 will get mounted this week then it's time to shoot it and find a choke that likes the same shells as my main 20ga

WV Flopper

Good job guys!

I am the way under, underachiever! Started out this morning with a plan to pressure wash 1/2 of my deck. Got the washer out, hooked up, gassed and started. It was leaking bad at the inlet hose. "Very weak hands".

Buddy texted me "Wanna go shoot .22's?" Yea I do, that pretty much ended my day. Didn't shoot well and got home and had one to many cocktails. Going to bed early to hit the deck early in the morning.

Buddy did get the hose tight so it's not leaking, that was a benefit!

Tail Feathers

Finally got around to deep cleaning my turkey guns yesterday.  Making a list of things to buy/fix/check out for next spring.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Brillo

My season just ended and I shot my first turkey.  More on that in a different thread maybe.  Future prep includes ongoing exercise and my part time job to help pay for my bad turkey habit.  Purchases include a used boat to get me upriver to new hunting areas.   I also went to a symposium hosted by my local DNR office to review some unique turkey habitat.  Fun stuff all.

eggshell

Well, I really don't do anything special most years as soon as turkey sason ends it's garden season and we garden on a pretty enhanced scale. then there's fishing to do and bush hogging.

However, this year my turkey hunting was somewhat compromised by a plumbing problem in the old chest. So I go to the hospital this Thursday for a catheterization and see what transpires from there. After I get the plumbing problem cleared up I hope to get back in full shape for this fall. Old age seems to be full of more surprises every year  ;D grin and bear it is all we can do.

Haggstromjohnd

I'm going to work my butt off with my calls, pay more attention to turkey sign and environment during other hunts and drives. . . Try not to feel like a horrible caller next May

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Paulmyr

Been working on taking out some predators!
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

Cowboy

Getting trapping stuff in order this summer.  Concentrating on coons in my area.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

Farmboy27

Absolutely nothing!  I am working and spending time with friends and family. Focusing on the important things in life!! 

WV Flopper

Half the deck pressure washed today! Another 850sq' and I will have it all washed. Planning on doing in stages to limit moving so much stuff around. This may take till next spring!

If it does, it won't be done til next June because March stops all Honey Dues!

Howieg

Blessed to own a little ground , my quest for turkey habitat never stops .
Keeping roads clipped / keeping clover and vetch in check / keeping coons and other nest raiders in check is year around for me .
Also keeping our hog population in check .  I've heard people say they have no impact on turkeys ? BS !!

Tom007

Securing new spots for next season. Musky and Walleye fishing my lake, enjoying summer thinking about Deer season. Turkey is always on my mind, looking forward to 2024.
"Solo hunter"

jhoward11

I'm working on keeping the wifey happy, so I can go next season:)

Goblen

Working on food plots.