Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Pictures

Started by Turkeyman, May 20, 2023, 02:37:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkeyman

I'll admit my uploaded pictures are less than stellar. I hunt alone so don't have someone to take them. For those of you that also take your own pics what is your method? Do you use a decent camera and tripod or do you have a means of supporting your cell phone? I'd like to improve.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

aclawrence

I usually carry a little Joby tripod in my vest and use my iPhone for pictures. I use the ten second timer if it's my only option. The tripod came with a blue tooth trigger for the camera. I need to find it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kygobblergetter

I actually lean my gun against a tree the set my phone up on it and use the timer. It's not great but gets the job done

Sir-diealot

I have not done it with a bird but have other ways and do it with my camera on a tripod and a remote trigger. I carry a second lens with me for close shots and set it up normally on my normal tripod but also have a small Joby 3K tripod as well. Nice part of the Joby is that you can wrap the legs around a branch and it will stay in place. They do have ways to connect a cell phone as well.  By the way, if I moved like a normal person I am sure the 10 second timer would work just fine.

Sent from my moto g pure using Tapatalk
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Happy

I just use my timer on my cellphone and prop it on o log or rock. A roll of electrical tape comes in handy from time to time.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

TauntoHawk

Light tripod and remote or the ol 10sec timer a precarious prop up job using nature usually takes me about 7 tries to get a decent one with that style but it's what I do most of the time.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

aclawrence

I'll say after trying to take pictures of myself with two turkeys this year it's really hard by yourself. I forgot my tripod the first time but had it the second. I use the 10 second timer and it's hard to get situated in time. I had a remote trigger with my little Joby but I lost it. The Bluetooth didn't work very well with it anyway.

Turkeyman

I have a tripod with good Panasonic camera that works well at a distance e.g. me holding the bird. But somehow it lacks on the close stuff e.g. beard and spurs photos. Probably due to my ignorance of using macro mode or such...I'll have to fool with it. Also I have a little tripod which can hold my cell phone. I'll fool with it as well. Took me forever to take the low quality pictures which I did LOL.

Sir-diealot

This Joby tripod is on sale for 20.00 JOBY Gorillapod Magnetic Tripod with GripTight ONE Phone Mount https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1724506-REG/joby_jb01494_griptight_one_gp_magnetic.html

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

aclawrence

Thanks that's real similar to the one I use. It may be just a tad smaller. Mine has been great for keeping in the vest or backpack in family hiking trips. My wife is constantly wanting to take family pictures. I can even wrap it around the end of a hiking stage for to take a group selfie.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: aclawrence on May 29, 2023, 09:02:44 AM
Thanks that's real similar to the one I use. It may be just a tad smaller. Mine has been great for keeping in the vest or backpack in family hiking trips. My wife is constantly wanting to take family pictures. I can even wrap it around the end of a hiking stage for to take a group selfie.

You're welcome, I didn't know that they made them that small. If I can get another camera by next Spring I intend to put my small camera out in the field   by my decoys on the Joby and use the remote trigger to snap shots, I like the idea of getting pictures of them from their point of view.

Sent from my moto g pure using Tapatalk

John Koenig: