OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Who makes a good long box holder

Started by Alabama556, May 20, 2023, 08:21:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

Quote from: packmule on May 24, 2023, 11:56:02 AM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on May 24, 2023, 05:48:07 AM
Just notice the chest portion of your comment, sorry I missed that before. A belt loop scabbard will work perfectly IF you were a vest or backpack with a sternum strap on it, just put the sternum strap through the whole and connect as normal, I do this every time I go out to carry in a shortbox with my camera bag or backpack and I use the Glenda Green holster with the belt loop. I will ad a picture in a moment from my cell phone. By the way, I see no reason why Yoder's would not work the same way.

What is the total length of the call that is in the holster in that photo?
First off that should read "IF you (wear) a vest or backpack" I hate when I make mistakes like that. This is her shot box holder, she also makes a longbox holder like this. The base of the cal is is 7 1/2" and the top of the call is 9"

Her longbox holsters with beltloop:

She also has them with just a cinch.

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Lcmacd 58

Hey .....Miss Glenda does awesome work
I've got another list for her myself

joeturkey

Alabama556

Yoder made me one and put a belt loop in the middle of the back of the holster so I could wear it across the front.

Bowguy

Lcmacd 58

Quality leather ..... Yoder ABSOLUTELY

EZ

Tarheel

capecodmike

I've got two from Yoder. 

Hang them from my vest.  Can only speak to Don's quality and communication which is top notch.  You wont be disappointed.

Lcmacd 58

Depending on your preference ..... either  Miss Glenda or Yoder ..... i have both and wont be dissapointed with either

bnew17

I am having a guy custom make me one with rattlesnake skin on the outside that I supplied him with. I will post a picture of it when he gets done. He normally does gun slings, but he can do just about anything.

Tarheel

Here's my longbox holster rig......

I have incorporated rings to allow me to carry it any way I choose, but I mostly just throw it over my shoulder and carry it across my chest when I carry it.

gdc23

Yoder, Great quality, very sturdy leather. Its a lifetime investment which really protects and silences the call, not sure how he can get such a perfect fit on my Fetter's long boxes.

jwp0020

I have a Camp Callers Screamin' Hen Long box that is more streamlined than the average long box.  Could someone make a belt loop holster that would hold it without it squealing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk