OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Who makes a good long box holder

Started by Alabama556, May 20, 2023, 08:21:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alabama556

I need a way to wear my long box around the front of my vest. Does anybody have any recommendations? I don't think a belt loop scabbard will work at all.

Thanks

jwp0020

David Halloran sells a good one on his website. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lcmacd 58

Quote from: jwp0020 on May 20, 2023, 08:22:43 AM
David Halloran sells a good one on his website. 

+1 .... I have 1 of his long box and its awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jroddc

Yoder's longbox holsters are unbeatable in my opinion.

Greg Massey

Glenda Green makes one out of heavy type material ... I don't care for the heavy type leather ones ...

Yoder409

Quote from: Jroddc on May 20, 2023, 10:12:36 AM

Thank you for the vote of confidence.    :icon_thumright:
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Sir-diealot

Glenda Green is one I have experience with and her products are touch notch. Yoder has a very good reputation with his products as well though I have no experience with them others here sing his products praises.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Alabama556

Has anyone tried a box call holder from Dans Calls?

hawkeye1958

Quote from: Jroddc on May 20, 2023, 10:12:36 AM

Great protection for a nice longbox. I love it!

Rtr1987

Hard to beat Yoders holsters, makes a great one for hen boxes as well!

capecodmike

As others have said.

Don Stears - Yoder on this forum.

He made one for me last year.  Top notch.  The call will be worn out long before the holster.

Buy one you won't be sorry.

paboxcall

Get yourself a Yoder holster. All are built tank tough.

"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Lcmacd 58

Never seen the long box holder but yoders push pin holder is the best ..... he does awesome work

Sir-diealot

Just notice the chest portion of your comment, sorry I missed that before. A belt loop scabbard will work perfectly IF you wear a vest or backpack with a sternum strap on it, just put the sternum strap through the whole and connect as normal, I do this every time I go out to carry in a shortbox with my camera bag or backpack and I use the Glenda Green shot box holster with the belt loop. I will ad a picture in a moment from my cell phone. By the way, I see no reason why Yoder's would not work the same way.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

packmule

Quote from: Sir-diealot on May 24, 2023, 05:48:07 AM
Just notice the chest portion of your comment, sorry I missed that before. A belt loop scabbard will work perfectly IF you were a vest or backpack with a sternum strap on it, just put the sternum strap through the whole and connect as normal, I do this every time I go out to carry in a shortbox with my camera bag or backpack and I use the Glenda Green holster with the belt loop. I will ad a picture in a moment from my cell phone. By the way, I see no reason why Yoder's would not work the same way.

What is the total length of the call that is in the holster in that photo?