turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Gobbler Yelps

Started by jbrown, May 18, 2023, 08:32:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkeyman62

A Gobbler Yelp Spring Or Fall Is A Long Conversation..

Marc

Anyone have a link  to actual gobblers and jakes yelping?

I have certainly watched jakes yelp, and and seen/heard a tom or two...  But not enough to practice by emmulation as I can with hens...  Listening to, and watching a couple jakes yelp this season, there is a different pitch/tone, and a very different cadence to their yelp.

Watching YouTube videos, it seems that a lot of hunters sound closer to a tom/jake yelp than a hen, and very often they are killin' birds.

If anyone has a video or audio link to actual live toms/jakes yelping, I am sure it would be worth a listen for all of us on the forum!
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Bill

Quote from: Marc on April 25, 2024, 11:49:54 AMAnyone have a link  to actual gobblers and jakes yelping?

A great source would be most any of Lovett Williams "Real Turkeys". cd's. My favorite is #6.

http://www.lovettwilliams.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

merriamsman

Quote from: 3bailey3 on September 16, 2023, 05:25:09 PMNotsoyoung thaks for sharing the video, never gets old watching Rodger run his caller!
I second that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Greg Massey

Roger Parks, seminar / Youtube video at Unicoi is some of the best information you could watch and learn from about gobbler / Jake yelps etc..

Tom007

Jake yelps are deadly in the right situation for sure....
"Solo hunter"

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: Marc on April 25, 2024, 11:49:54 AMAnyone have a link  to actual gobblers and jakes yelping?

I have certainly watched jakes yelp, and and seen/heard a tom or two...  But not enough to practice by emmulation as I can with hens...  Listening to, and watching a couple jakes yelp this season, there is a different pitch/tone, and a very different cadence to their yelp.

Watching YouTube videos, it seems that a lot of hunters sound closer to a tom/jake yelp than a hen, and very often they are killin' birds.

If anyone has a video or audio link to actual live toms/jakes yelping, I am sure it would be worth a listen for all of us on the forum!

Good footage right here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Er9t3WDx6c

"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

357MAGNOLE

Is Mr. Parks still making these calls? Anyone order one recently?
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

Tomtom97

Quote from: 357MAGNOLE on April 28, 2024, 08:07:38 PMIs Mr. Parks still making these calls? Anyone order one recently?
He is indeed, I got one from him in March. Great call!

357MAGNOLE

Quote from: Tomtom97 on April 28, 2024, 08:43:04 PM
Quote from: 357MAGNOLE on April 28, 2024, 08:07:38 PMIs Mr. Parks still making these calls? Anyone order one recently?

How did you get ahold of him?
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

Tomtom97

Quote from: 357MAGNOLE on April 28, 2024, 09:52:30 PM
Quote from: Tomtom97 on April 28, 2024, 08:43:04 PM

How did you get ahold of him?
Sent you a PM