Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Interest in a guard for the Mueller Quick Shot

Started by sugarray, July 01, 2011, 08:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sugarray

I have talked to gobbler74 about a guard for the Mueller.  I am willing to send him mine to fabricate the guard, IF there is interest.

So what you say?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vthunter_08

Ray,
I'd like to have some type of guard for mine.  Can you describe what you or gobbler74 have in mind?

Dave.

sugarray

Not sure, would probably be something like the FF II guard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mossy835

FullChoke

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

greenheadIL

gatrkyhntr70

I would be intrested, I may try this sight next time I get a holo sight.
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

archery1

any word on this guard???/ been thinking of shooting dove,, clay bird with my mueller.. anyone ever do this ???
Take a kid hunting

sugarray

Talked to gob just the other day and just not going to be able to make it work.  I never really felt it was necessary as this site is much heavier than the FF II.  Sorry guys, he worked hard on it.  Big thanks for all the time!!

FullChoke

I thought about this today. I went out this morning and dialed the sight in on my 870 20 gauge. After shooting it a number of time I wasn't really certain that the Mueller needed all that much more protection.

Thank you for looking into it, though.

FullChoke

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

gobbler74

The shape of the Mueller and clamping screws make for awkward bolt up of a guard. With the metal forming tools at my disposal a 1 piece guard wasnt do-able. The selector in the center of the scope kind of hindered the guarding of the scope too much as well. I had then considered a two piece model with a seam weld at the top center. I was all for making a good guard. I just dont believe in making something half  or trashy looking. Its a real sturdy scope as it is. I'm still batting a few things around.  :icon_thumright:     
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

mossy835

Quote from: gobbler74 on October 24, 2011, 12:25:14 PM
The shape of the Mueller and clamping screws make for awkward bolt up of a guard. With the metal forming tools at my disposal a 1 piece guard wasn't do-able. The selector in the center of the scope kind of hindered the guarding of the scope too much as well. I had then considered a two piece model with a seam weld at the top center. I was all for making a good guard. I just don't believe in making something half  or trashy looking. Its a real sturdy scope as it is. I'm still batting a few things around.  :icon_thumright:     
I have had mine out in the snow, rain and brush now and the biggest thing I can recommend is to use thread locking fluid. I do carry the shotgun with a hand over the scope in real rough stuff but it holds up as well as any scope I have used. Do let us know if you come up with any thing your comfortable with.
Mike

ctwny1

Yea...please let us know if you come up with a guard gobbler74.