turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

paper or plastic? not anymore

Started by turkeybow, July 01, 2011, 07:00:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkeybow

Heard about this on the radio.  It went into effect today in some stores.  If you shop you either have to use your own bags or pay .10 cents per paper bag.  You just better not forget your go green bags at home!!  What has the world come to  ???

http://www.myfoxla.com/dpp/news/local/los-angeles-county-bans-plastic-bags-20101116
"We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect."
~ Aldo Leopold

redarrow

MONEY MONEY MONEY. Its all about the money.

njdevilsb

Has anybody else noticed a trend at stores where they almost always ask you if you want a bag if you have just a few things?  It's like, no, I'll just carry the 12 things in my hand.  Maybe I'll make two trips so you can save your bags.  I remember when you'd get a bag even if you just bought a pack of gum.

sugarray

I worked in my local grocery store in high school.  We had to ask every customer if they wanted paper or plastic.  Some folks wanted paper, doubled!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old Gobbler

Corporate greed , 1 penny at a time they are short changing the nation
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

OLE RASPY

i dont like getting in lines where people have there own bags they take forever.