OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Weird question about ethics

Started by Canadian, May 07, 2023, 11:08:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canadian

Quote from: runngun on May 13, 2023, 12:13:30 AM
Canadian,  I can't wait to you to report back when you get a chance to shoot the 3 inch 2 ounce load.  With the pattern you will get,  I think that you will definitely like it.  That loads very impressive.  Have trust in the TSS,  it will kill them, and deer, hogs and coyotes too with a little bit bigger shot size.  The 9s will kill coyotes easily.

Have a good one, Bo

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
Hey runngun, just reporting back. I made a new post about 3 new 3", 2oz loads i tried. Its in the patterning section, titled "my BPS and a couple different recipes".

Sent from my SM-S918W using Tapatalk

runngun

Thanks for the update, I will check it out!!!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

rt2bowhunter

IMO you're fine. The TSS # 9 shot has the power without question. And your load I'm sure is just fine. I also reload my own TSS using 9 shot. Here's a pattern I shot with my Encore 12ga at 60 yards. They say 100 pellets in a 10 inch circle is a dead bird.
170 should work :). Not that I intend on killing one that far. I just wanted to know.
Here's my beneill supernova at 30 yards same load.

The shot holes with black sharpie marks are from my 20 ga I just hated to waste a target lol. But as you can see if your gun patterns the shot/shells good and you put the pattern on the head and neck. There history.

If you hunt long enough things happen and it will happen again sad but true. You just deal with it do your best and just accept it's part of hunting.

Best of luck this spring :).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ihuntoldschool

No flapping is generally a body shot.
You probably got pellets into the heart/lung area or spine.

Nothing wrong with the load from an ethics/effectiveness standpoint.