OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Weatherby element

Started by packmule, May 06, 2023, 02:35:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mountainhunter1

Quote from: packmule on June 10, 2023, 05:23:58 PM
Quote from: mountainhunter1 on June 10, 2023, 11:03:39 AM
Quote from: The Heartbreak Kid....... on May 06, 2023, 03:48:13 PM
I took mine out for its first hunt this morning, I really like it, It's one of my favorite 20's. I patterned it with Fed heavyweight 6's and stock choke and it shot extremely well, I then decided to actually use a red dot so I took gun last night up to my camp and patterned it, sighted it in with the same shells and tss 7's with a trulock .560 and won't be changing anything, I bought 10 boxes of the Fed hwy 6's and have 9 boxes and 2 shells left, so I'll be using them and tss 7's for the next few years. I didn't take any pictures of patterns. I had it d&t for a sumtoy red dot mount. I had 11 jakes walk by me at 9 yards, yesterday the tom was behind them but a little out of range, he was not behind them today, his lucky day.

The gun is listed at 43.75" - Can you do me a big favor please and tell me if that gun is 43.25" to the end of the barrel or to the end of the included factory extended turkey choke that comes with the gun? Thanks

44.75" to the end of extended factory choke.

Thanks
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

bigdrumnc

Headed my way from buds.  I plan on shooting apex #9s.  What Trulock choke is recommended or sumtoy for that matter? I see trulock had a federal tss choke and a pinhoti.  I am not looking for absolute maximum distance.  Thank you.  I can't wait for next season.  I plan to use a meadow creek mount for the optic.  I am pretty pleased how it works on my benelli.

Bamaslayer757

I got a .575 trulock non ported. I haven't shot it yet but have a .585 on my franchi and love the pattern...just wanted to try the .575 for an even pattern out to 50. I don't like them super tight

runngun

I would have to try a Sumtoy .562 or .575. With the 562 being the tightest I would go/suggest.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

RED NECK

I have the .560 pinhoti with the trak on it in the gun, It shot very well with stock choke as well, I didn't buy the choke for this gun, I had it, I actually bought it to use in a few others but never tried it because I didn't need too. I am 110% happy with it. I don't think you can go wrong with a sumtoy or trulock.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

Tailwalk

Looks like weatherby did some good market research and slid their price right in the sweet spot. If this gun is as good as all of the reviews I see than better get one before they bump the price up like franchi did with the affinity 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turkeyfever

I got one and used it last spring, My son hunts with it also. Great shooter and I didn't worry with drilling and tapping. I purchased a meadow creek mount and really like it! The Weatherby Element is a great turkey gun.

Tommy Strutsalot

Quote from: Tailwalk on December 17, 2023, 11:08:38 PM
Looks like weatherby did some good market research and slid their price right in the sweet spot. If this gun is as good as all of the reviews I see than better get one before they bump the price up like franchi did with the affinity 3.

Exactly why I bought the Element 20 - I love Franchi and have an Affinity 3 in 12 GA and it's a straight up shooter - it's definitely worth even the increased price point - but while shopping around on GunBroker I saw this Element and reflexively purchased.  Completely involuntary action but I'm not complaining.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OJR

I purchased a 20ga Element this past August and was able to do something with it I have seldom done. With the first box of shells (#7.5 Winchester 7/8oz) I harvested 15 Dove with 22 shells. The first time I pulled it out of the box. Needless to say, I am a happy camper. I have since duck hunted with similar results and am looking forward to patterning some turkey loads with it for this spring. It's a solid buy. Good gun and well made.

MattinIdaho

Quote from: RED NECK on June 13, 2023, 03:31:30 PM
I have the .560 pinhoti with the trak on it in the gun, It shot very well with stock choke as well, I didn't buy the choke for this gun, I had it, I actually bought it to use in a few others but never tried it because I didn't need too. I am 110% happy with it. I don't think you can go wrong with a sumtoy or trulock.

What shells did you run through the stock choke. I was a little disappointed to see that's it's not rated for tss.

valleyoaks

Very fine gun for $429  has 4 chokes,cast and drop shims and lop shim  have the 22 inch 20 gauge turkey model and factory trigger pull is 4 3/4 pounds so dont let wakeman tell ya otherwise   Gonna pattern with factory ext turkey choke with winchester and remington 3 inch lead 5 turkey loads and some winchester pheasant 3 inch 5 shot and apex 3 inch 9 shot tss

Trkmaster88

Quote from: valleyoaks on February 25, 2024, 11:03:51 AM
Very fine gun for $429  has 4 chokes,cast and drop shims and lop shim  have the 22 inch 20 gauge turkey model and factory trigger pull is 4 3/4 pounds so dont let wakeman tell ya otherwise   Gonna pattern with factory ext turkey choke with winchester and remington 3 inch lead 5 turkey loads and some winchester pheasant 3 inch 5 shot and apex 3 inch 9 shot tss

LOP shim? What are the length options?

RED NECK

Quote from: MattinIdaho on February 19, 2024, 04:44:58 PM
Quote from: RED NECK on June 13, 2023, 03:31:30 PM

What shells did you run through the stock choke. I was a little disappointed to see that's it's not rated for tss.
Its posted earlier in thread, heavyweight #6's and tss 7's from Federal.I never had a single issue with tss through the weatherby stock chokes on any of mine.

Manager8

This one's definitely on my radar thanks for the feedback looks like it already comes drilled and tapped

RED NECK

It is not drilled and tapped from the factory, I had mine done by a buddy who is a gunsmith.