turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Homebrewing

Started by Peck1524, July 01, 2011, 09:58:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peck1524

Anyone brew their own beer at home?? I'm just getting into it myself. Got all of my equipment set up and ready to go. Just have to wait a few weeks to start my first brew since I'll be out of town the next few weekends. I'm doing all extract. Any tips/hints??

mountman62

Beer??, why stop, go all the way man, make you some real whiskey
It's not a passion, It's an OBSESSION

[img][img]

OldHen

Quote from: Peck1524 on July 01, 2011, 09:58:51 AM
Anyone brew their own beer at home?? I'm just getting into it myself. Got all of my equipment set up and ready to go. Just have to wait a few weeks to start my first brew since I'll be out of town the next few weekends. I'm doing all extract. Any tips/hints??

I dont brew...but I buy bottle caps for art projects from this place --- http://www.williamsbrewing.com 

timbrhuntr

I opened this thinking you were going to make your own homebrew game cams. I guess beer is just as good.     :TooFunny:   :bike2:    :TooFunny:

I had a buddy that made his own beer. He had an  older 2 story house and made his work area under the stairs going to the second floor. When he got tired of the honey do list he would ngo and hide there  :emoticon-cartoon-012: .

The Cohutta Strutter

Can't help you much on the beer other than there should be lots of good info on the net and books too. I' make wine, in particular muscadine wine and have used EC Krauss for some of my supplies. They have a website and I believe they offer some but probably limited beer making supplies because they mostly carry the winemaking stuff. I would think there should be some beermaking specific websites out there but don't know for sure. I think you'll really like this hobby. I once worked with a school administrator who brewed beer and you should have heard some of the brews he came up with, lots of room to expeirment. Oh and the biggest perk, much better than the store bought stuff......
Anybody seen America lately?