OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Favorite movie on the big screen

Started by savduck, June 30, 2011, 10:04:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Gobbler

Just watched -Where Eagles Dare -love that movie ,I like Old War movies

Ive only seen the 1st lord of the rings , maybie I'll go watch it again

As Kid I loved all the George Lucas Movies , I think {Raiders of the Lost Arc} is a classic - If they re did that in 3-D on the big screen that would be cool  - The same for the first 3 star wars would be a good idea - Our family loves the Harry Potter movies - I also liked the new Robin Hood movie that came out last year 

If I hit the Power Ball lotto I think I would get a pimp shack made up with a life size move theater with a big screen - no popcorn , I cant stand popcorn

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

lightsoutcalls

Quote from: Old Gobbler on July 01, 2011, 10:44:56 AM
no popcorn , I cant stand popcorn 

I like popcorn when "I" eat it but can't stand when people behind me eat it like a horse eating corn with their mouth wide open....    one of those little personal issues I have...
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

savduck

Quote from: Old Gobbler on July 01, 2011, 10:44:56 AM

Ive only seen the 1st lord of the rings , maybie I'll go watch it again

You need to go get the other two. Get the extended version if possible. They only get better.

I have to admit....Kung FU Panda 2 in 3D a few weeks ago with the kids was pretty awesome on the big screen. I had forgotten about Pearl Harbor. When they make the attack is unreal with the stereo systems the theater has. Kinda like Black Hawk Down...you hear the bullets pinging and whizzing by.
Georgia Boy

davisd9

The Outlaw Josey Whales

The orginal and only, in my mind, True Grit
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

gobbler74

I like a wide range of movies from westerns like unforgiven and lonesome dove to sci-fi like terminator and predators saga, star wars,  movies like saving private Ryan and force 10 from navarone,  full metal jacket.
All time favorite is also Lord of the rings. I guess maybe because it was the first sci fi book I read as a kid along with the hobbit. Anticipating the new prequel hobbit movie which is being made now. Scheduled for release in late 2012.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

rtsj

My favorite is definatly Shawshank Redemption with the new Avatar(in 3-D) a close second.

OldHen

The Cohutta Strutter

.....although not my favorite who can forget Saving Private Ryan on the big screen. Felt like those bullets were flying overhead.
Anybody seen America lately?

scoot12

The Shawshank Redemption was awesome, seen it many times but love the lord of the rings trilogy,  own all three and have seen them a lot also.  I think the movie the hobbit is coming out in a year or two.  Not sure when.  Scoot

TRKYHTR

I like all kinds of Movies. Most of which have been mentioned here. My kids on the other hand would all tell you that their favorite movie would be "The Goonies". I bet that movie was played in my house 100 times when they were young.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

dirt road ninja

Stoner

Another good one is The Green Mile.

West Augusta

The Green Berets
Kelly's Heroes
Porky's
Blazing Saddles
Jerimiah Johnson
Cool Hand Luke
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Old Gobbler

Its true ,I bought buy Annie the special edition Grease movie a few years ago its her favorite

Like Joe she loves Goonie's - I also like Force 10 from Navarone , not sure if Harrison Ford Starred in that before the Star Wars and Indian Jones Movies but I think so?

Apocalypse Now is another great one , top notch cinematography and scored with good music - the two best scenes are{ Ride of the Valkyries }when they ran the raid on Charlies Point in a helicopter battle , and the opening credits where the hotel room/ Napalm Attach with Jim Morrison's {This is the End}

I love old war movies - Bridge over Rive Kwai , The Great Escape , Battle of Britain are few more great ones -
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Jay

;D I knew I should have mentioned a movie after 1952 to not date myself :TooFunny: